Should I launch a Udemy course earlier or later?

Hello,

I am currently recording a Udemy course. It's my first one ever. 

I have 5 chapters that are absolutely mandatory and 2 that are optional. 

Should I launch early (5 chapters) and add the rest later? Pros: 

1. I have early feedback and maybe can avoid mistakes on the other 2 chapters. 

2. There are no good competitors at the time on the subject, just a few with low quality courses. If I delay, someone might beat me to it. 

Cons:

1. I might waste my advertising money on a course that could have gotten better reviews if it had more content.

If I launch later, with full content, the pros and cons would be:

Pros:

1. The course is more complete and might get better reviews. I am probably not wasting my advertising money.

Cons:

1. I might work on 2 extra chapters which nobody actually wants.

2. Someone might launch a good course before I get to finish mine. It takes a lot of time to make the videos.

Thanks!

Regards,

Serban

I think you should start with those five chapters and follow the MVP in software development. Like minimum viable product and than find out what people want and improve

Udemy has its own recommendations and regulations. I suggest you speak with them instead of asking people who will at best be guessing

Source(s): Have 2 courses up on Udemy