Banks stocks going into the negatives?

I’ve noticed a lot of Banks like First Citizens, Wells Fargo etc. stocks are all dipping into red negatives since beginning of this year. Should I be concerned if I have a checking/savings account with one of these?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Not unless you have over a quarter of a million dollars. Even if the bank fails, the federal government guarantees $250,000 per person.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Virtually all US banks are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.

• 1 month ago

If your deposits exceed the FDIC limit...then have a discussion with the bank about Excess Deposit Insurance...basically buying insurance to increase the FDIC limit.  

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, it doesn't affect their operations.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Scott
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No. Your deposits are protected.

• 1 month ago

Banks are not going to go out of business because their stocks are priced lower. The only time a business of any kind is involved with the stock is when it is initially sold as part ownership in the company and the company receives the price of the initial offering. (Or when the company actually buys back it's own stock which makes it stronger.)

• 1 month ago

No you shouldn't be worried.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They are all federally insured. Unless you have over $250k.  Not sure what the negatives you are talking about are.

I use online banks & local credit unions for the best deals. I fear NONE of them.  Almost nobody loses money in a bank. In the worst cases, another bank takes them over and there is no disruption or loss for funds. Not even for a day.

• ...Show all comments
    • Never
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Yesterday, the market was down 3.5%. On Oct 19, 1987, stocks were down over 22%.  Markets fluctuate. Banks are safe.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.