Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 3 months ago

Stools and gas smell like rotten egg?

Basically since November I’ve had foul smelling gas , cramps, constipation on and off, I went to the doctors and they gave me laxido which is a laxative, I tried it and it worked , until a month ago and now it’s all come back, I’ve been trying the laxido again but it doesn’t help as much as it did the first time. My stomach bloats so much it looks like I’m pregnant , my gas is so bad and my poo just doesn’t come out properly, and it’s not that solid ( sorry for TMI) can anyone help me with this. Or has anyone experienced the same thing 

C-diff infection....

Have a stool sample examined for parasites.   You can get those symptoms with Giardia. 

Are you eating a lot of cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage or hard boiled eggs? Or beans like pintos or great northern, cannelloni? this can cause gas. Honestly, i like cauliflower fried "rice" but the gas is horrific!

Maybe it's something you're eating? If you don't think so, talk with the doctor again.

• Holly3 months agoReport

I’ve cut out anything that could be causing the bad smelling gas, but I think it’s a deeper problem, maybe another trip to the doctors would be a good idea

Stop eating onions, eggs, spicy greasy food, to many vegetables.

Eat lots of Greek yogurt, and fermented foods like saeurkraut. You need to get your digestive bacteria straightened out.

• Holly3 months agoReport

I’ll try that out ! Thankyou