John asked in PetsReptiles · 1 month ago

Why is my female chameleon look yellowish and also has yellow spots on her. Anyone who has or had owned a chameleon know what it is?

Below is a picture of my female chameleon Lizzie. Please help so that if she is sick or whatever I can start helping her

• 1 week ago

OK so she is going to be laying eggs or if she already has its the pigment in her skin not letting her to become darker it's not harmful and the color will turn back that could also be a sign of not putting calcium on their food or putting to much if you don't use it it's called repti calcium just shake your crickets/worms in it or if you use it every day cut it back to every other day last thing keep humidity up between 60-110 on a meter and have the heat between 70 degrees and 98 degrees

If it is yellow from birth then she has a genetic mutation that makes her body unable to make darker pigments.

Old world chameleons change their color according to their mood, and the temperature and humidity in their surroundings. Light color generally means that her surroundings are hot and/or dry. Try spraying water in her cage with a hand bottle to increase humidity and see if she darkens. Chameleons need high humidity to thrive. I have no idea what color chameleons will be if they are angry or excited or when they are sick, so your guess is as good as mine. But try to increase humidity and see if her color changes. Lowering the cage temperature a tiny bit and turning off lights at night is also a good thing.