Sam asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 1 month ago

Is is alright that I dropped a USPS package in a FedEx box?

Update:

I wasnt able to get to the post office but had a box I needed to drop off. The box couldnt fit in the usps blue-box but I had heard multiple times that FedEx will sometimes hand boxes off to the US Postal Service. However, it's been a few days and I haven't had any updates on tracking. Should I wait a couple more days or do I need to call someone about where my box went?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Let me ask...what is the requirement for FedEx to do anything with that package other than tossing it?  

You didnt pay them to take it, so why would they?   Do you think they deliver packages because they are nice?  

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Fed ex will do with the parcel what they do. They have no desire to store it and usually at a time convenient to them arrange for the parcel to be fetched by US Post or delivered to them as the situation requires.

I wasn't able to get to the post office but had a box I needed to drop off.

So sad.  That you are too lazy to take it to the Post Office does not require Fed ex to rush your item to them for you.

There are a few everyday dropped in the wrong box. Humans along the way pull it from the processing line and deal with it as the situation allows.

WHY do you expect Postal Tracking from NOT THE POST OFFICE?

Suggest you contact the local Fedex facility  that is responsible for the drop box and ASK about your item.

• 1 month ago

No. Expect it to go into their dead mail pile, which will eventually be destroyed. Go back and retrieve it.

• 1 month ago

Since you dropped it off @ the wrong place, why would anyone know??  

LOL - if it gets lost, don't be too surprised.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Susie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They may well hand it off, but when it’s convenient to do so and may cause a delay in your shipping. If it’s a priority box, then you lose the “priority” status in terms of delivery times.  

• Bill
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

Correct.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It will eventually get to a post office and mailed.

• 1 month ago

no.........................

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's not alright until you pay the $200 fine coming your way

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.