Jade asked in PetsFish · 1 month ago

Is my betta fish dying?

So I recently got this new betta fish he’s in a 5.5 gallon tank with a filter heater and conditioned water. He was doing just fine the first two days from when I got him but the third day he was staying at a corner of the tank and wouldn’t move and stoped eating. Then the fourth day he started eating again but was staying in that corner again. He’s swimming around at times but not so much. Is this normal I’ve never seen my other Bettas have this same behavior.

• Bort

Not enough info. Could be normal behavior. Could be water conditions. There's more to water conditions for fish than just using conditioner on it. Check the condition(s) levels and insure they're where they should be.

It is likely that your fish just has a lot of adjusting to do.  Much more room, more current, new ph new whater new temp.  The heat is good for him , but he has probobly live di n cold for his entire life.  Eating is a great sign of health in fish.  

Fish are individuals, and some will adapt better then others, hope he is ok!