What should I tell my teacher and friends about why I missed school? PLEASE HELP?

I am a high school student. Today, Tuesday, I missed school, but I was in school Monday. I ran out of time to finish all of my homework the night before. I stayed up until the morning finishing an essay, and still had more homework to do. I did not want to go to school with no sleep. So i chose to skip school and sleep.

I know that my friends and teachers will ask why I had missed school, and I'm not sure what I should tell them...

Is it not enough to just say "I wasn't feeling well"??

I'm a good student, and I really don't want them to get mad. Should i be honest?

keep in mind that: I've already missed school (for 5 days) two weeks ago for having the flu

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Carmen
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

Keep it simple they know you been sick and probably missed assignments while out of school unless someone brought you work home and took it back for you just explain to everyone what happened and definitely pray your teachers are understanding since as you said you're a good student things happen in life take deep breaths be honest try to keep a calm heart and peace of mind and get proper rest .

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Tell them the truth.

• 1 month ago

Why worry about what 'they' all say?  If you were up all night, you probably weren't feeling well enough to go to school, and needed sleep.  If you have your parent(s) approval, you're okay, and can tell anyone who asks why you missed school.

• 1 month ago

Saying you weren’t feeling well sounds a bit suspicious...I guess you could say.

If I were you, I would just say exactly why you skipped school.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

i would just tell them the truth

• Tepee
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

'Diarrhea' is always a good excuse.

• Kelley
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Tell them: "fatigue."

Make a schedule for yourself.

If a schedule does not help, then you will have to change classes.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i would just be honest with them and tell them youre getting so much homework you dont have time to sleep

• bluebellbkk
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

It's not 'getting so much homework' that's the problem. Everyone else gets the same homework, but they're not staying off school. The problem is not being organised enough to handle the quantity of homework.

• 1 month ago

Just tell them you weren't feeling well. But you can't keep doing this. You have to find a way to get your homework done without missing sleep or missing school. Because if you can't handle the high school workload, you're going to have a hard time handling college.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.