Anonymous

Should I go to the doctors? Constipated 7 days?

I’ve been constipated for 7 days today, so far I’ve had a fruit and fibre laxative and two laxative pills but they only made me poop a little bit yesterday, didn’t make much of a dint. I’ve not helped myself cos I didn’t really notice I was constipated at first so I’ve eaten a lot of bad food this past week. 

I’m worried because I was abusing laxatives last year for 3 months, my detox teas stopped working a few years ago and so after a break up in July I thought I need to lose a stone to feel better and decided to keep taking these fruit and fibre laxatives thinking it would be ok but tbh they were quite strong. Gone through two 12 packs and was having them every day or every other day. Seemed fine but recently I’ve been getting constipated for a few days at a time and so I’d need to take another to poop but it wouldn’t work because they don’t have the same affect anymore, and now I’m in this situation and I’m wondering if it’s connected. It’s weird if it is cos I’ve not been taking them the last few month so idk if it’s more related to my period because I’ve changed contraception and it’s messed my body up a bit. Please can someone advise? I’m too scared to go to the doctors cos I dunno what they will do or say :( I feel like surely it can’t be connected to the laxatives surely you have to take them for longer than a few month for it to affect you? 

Nah man, just keep pushing.

I advice you to drink hot fluids as well such as hot teas and eat more fruit. Water will also help. Take a hot bath or shower can help as well. If it doesn't and continues on longer than yeah maybe it's time to go to the doctor.

• Aa

Drink a glass of orange juice every hour.

Source(s): ..

Buy a fleet enema or take citrate of magnesia.

• k w

no big secret, but you only know of one way, there are better more effective ways drink a tall glass of warm water then go lay flat on floor or bed, but you have to lay flat and your body will let you know when it's time to go, and so, every half hour get up and drink another glass of warm water then go lay flat again every half hour keep drinking water til you finally go......takes time but works......never push hard or strain either that may give hemmerrhoids...quite painful,.....

Take a day off from work, go to your local pharmacy and pick up some magnesium citrate. Tell the pharmacist you're constipated and you want magnesium citrate and they'll show you where it is. It takes 8 hours to work and it cleans you out.

If that doesn't work DEFINITELY go to the doctor or even an urgent care. It's not good to have an obstruction for so long. They'll give you a medication that works more immediately.

realy u should go?