rob asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 3 months ago

Why is Better Business Bureau so resistant to posting a complaint on a company?

I was sold defective products from a company that will not refund or discount them. I tried to make a complaint to the BBB, and the BBB is fighting me tooth and nail and coming up with excuses why not to post the complaint. I thought that that is the service they are supposed to be providing?

• Judy

What do they tell you? Do they feel your complaint does not have merit?

They doubt your claim...thats whats happening here.  

If the company sells a lot of this item and you're the only one who has complained...they dont believe your complaint.  Its that simple.  

• KaleyK

The Better Business Bureau is a private company.  They earn their revenue from businesses, not consumers.  The BBB has no authority over any business.  They have no obligation or incentive to do anything for you.   

Their general approach is to avoid damaging a company's reputation for one mistake. There are other places where you can post any negative comment you want- on Amazon, for example.