Can trans men get pregnant ?

My friend and his partner are trying to have a baby. His boyfriend just came out as transgender female. Now that he's a female is it possible for them to have a baby ?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • reme_1
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It depends on if she had all the surgeries to finish transition. If all the surgeries are completed, there are no reproductive organs.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • HMFan
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Technically, no, because both started as male and neither has a uterus. However, beyond the conventional process of pregnancy, the two could adopt or engage the services of a female surrogate.

• 1 month ago

Yes, the possibility is there so long as she is pre-op. However, the longer she is on HRT, the lesser the chances.

• 1 month ago

Sure. With a surrogate mother.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

that is so cute 

• 1 month ago

Let me dispell any myths by stating a fact of life that will ultimately answer your question... With regard to the human race only a woman who is fertile and producing eggs can get pregnant from a man who is producing fertile sperm. Normally this wonderful miracle of life will take place during male/female copulation but can on occasion have to rely on medical intervention to lend a helping hand.

Your question asks if "trans men" can get pregnant so this really means, can a woman who is pretending to be a man get pregnant and the answer to this is yes and I refer you back to the first paragraph of my answer for the detail. 

Source(s): Many pompous years
  • 1 month ago

That would be a trans woman. The answer is that if enough resources were applied the technology to do so would exist and in fact it would be fairly straightforward to implant a zygote in the greater omentum (layer of fat which hangs down from the intestines) but you would never be able to find someone to do that for you.

• 1 month ago

Obviously not. Sex reassignment surgery means you lose capacity to procreate.

• "Can trans men get pregnant?"

You appear to have your terminology backwards.

A transsexual woman is a woman who was born into a male body, but she was never a man, her brain's gender identity has always been female.

She didn't "become" female, she was always female where it counts, the brain.

Trans women do not have a uterus or ovaries, so they cannot have periods, get pregnant or deliver babies.

EDIT: However, if they banked genetic material (sperm) before gender confirmation surgery, they could hire a surrogate and have a child that way.

• Nunya
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

The problem with this argument is that your friend still has the biological functioning body of a female. Regardless of what they identify as they are still biologically a female. So they can still have children as women do. I do not understand why this is complicated.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.