Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Why are less men opening doors for women?

There's a generation of men who are refusing to open doors for women. Sometimes they just stand and let women open their own doors. Or the woman might come behind him, and the man just shuts the door in her face.

• Nunya
    Favorite Answer

There was a video on youtube of a man that helped out a woman change her tires, and she ended up calling the police that he abused her, causing him to go to jail, and almost ruining his marriage with his wife. He was later found out to be innocent. The fact that women can destroy your reputation on an allegation alone, true or not, is reason enough to avoid them.

I avoid working with female coworkers. I get called all kinds of names for avoiding them, but I like having a job more than dealing with women. Besides, most women are not nice. They are only nice if they think that they can manipulate you.

• welcome to equality

because women supposedly want to be equal. they can open their own doors...

I will never get over how much effort and attention is paid to this completely inconsequential act in our everyday lives. Hold the door or don't. I don't care, just don't let it slam in my face. That makes you a jerk. I happen to hold the door for anyone coming behind me if they're close enough. Lots of others do that for me, I also notice. It's the small niceties we do for one another that make life pleasant.

I'm a geezer and was taught that holding the door for an woman, older/infirm person, one with hands full or such was the proper courteous thing to do. Then - when the "feminists" were going toxic - I held the bank door open for a youngish, attractive female, and she shrieked at me that "I can open my own fxxxing door - I don't need you".  So - since then I say f-them, that's all they're good for.

• Name Withheld
      1 month agoReport

.....and they call it "male privilege".  Nowadays you could sue the b-atch for sexual harassment.

it doesn’t matter that much a girl can open a door herself

Because almost every gentleman has been on the receiving end of rude comments or had the doorhandle pulled out of his hand and the door slammed in his face.

Message received and understood. Wilco.

Opening doors is a habit of naive men.

While most women appreciate a man opening the door for them, there are also feminists who will criticize men for doing so, sometimes even accusing such men of sexual harassment.   

I don't see that.