Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Why do people praise obese people? knowing that they can be at risk of health problems.?

Who praises obese people? I don't know anyone who does.

• .

I've never seen anyone 'praise' obese people. I've seen/heard people say obese people needn't be ashamed of their size, but it's not common for you to see/hear anyone say "good for you, you're obese! way to go!" Obese people know they are at a higher risk for certain health problems. Knowing that doesn't magically cause them to do what it would take to not be obese. Just because some people aren't shaming the obese, doesn't mean anyone is praising it. EVERYONE is at risk for health problems.

I've never, ever witnessed somebody praising an obese person for being obese. Ever.

I'm overweight by about five stone unfortunately this is due to me never going anywhere and eating far too much out of boredom especially bad foods. I am trying to lose weight but unfortunately hunger is a huge problem to me. As for being praised, nobody praises overweight people. I got picked on throughout school all day every day and I wasn't even that overweight. I am relatively healthy too.. Maybe you are on about overweight people who try and lose the weight, I praise them. They are trying to be a healthy weight.

• audrey

Praise them for what? All I ever got was mean comments and made fun of!

• Amber1 month agoReport

Really that’s crazy i normally see the love of it 

It’s more about body shaming and the culture around it. Yes everyone should look after their health, but by no means should another person shame them for how they look. This is a topic that has many layers to it, poverty, food industry, marketing, and so on. 

• patty

fat people know they are probably unhealthy but may not admit it

• Amber1 month agoReport

Yeah i really hope they change their eating habits 

This is new to me, I have never seen anyone praise a fat person for being fat

• Amber1 month agoReport

You will be surprised 

They're not always, some fatties don't have and don't ever get health problems and they're cuddly.

• MaMa71 month agoReport

@Master Shake, disagree about what, the health problems, them being cuddly, or both?