What kind of behaviour occurs from your pet dog/cat when you are preparing their food?

Favorite Answer

they greet me at the door when I walk in, and my one very fat cat will start yelling at me--constantly until she gets fed.  My one sweet boy will mew and wrap his body around my legs--tripping me as I move around the kitchen.  My other tiny elderly cat will jump on the counter to make sure she watches everything I am doing and gets her nose into the food (anyone's food_ as I am preparing it.  I keep telling them how they are slowing down the process...but they don't seem to get it.  

Nothing special. One cat waits to come over until her food is plated and the other comes in the kitchen to meow at me when she realizes I am preparing food. 

One of the dogs I watch will "dance". A command her person taught her and now she does it when she wants food. She stands on her back legs and spins. And then I was told to tell he to sit and leave it and she does so well and waits until I tell her to get it even though she thinks shes is dying and has never eaten ever. 

Another dog I watch does a tippy tappy dance because she can barely contain her excitement. 

• Maxi

The dogs sit and wait as they have been taught to do so....the cat follows me around and gets in my way

Loud meows.....

Sometimes they go rogue when they sense their food is ready. But if you train your pets well they can wait till their food is served to them.