What should I do in this situation? Me and the friend have good friends since all high school and are 19 now,is the friendship worth saving?

I’m 19 (btw). The other night we were in my car and my car is really old it’s 17 years old. So my friend purposely decides to put a burn mark on my seat because he thought it was funny, I yell at him and clearly I am upset about the situation. Everyone is sent home after this as I say I’m going home so everyone leaves my car. This is second time recently my friend has done some super immature disrespectful **** he threw my friends vape out the window the other day cuz he’s immature asf. So the next day He asks me to hang out and I explain to him about the situation and how I feel. I say “how would feel if burned your car.” He says pissed but justifys it by saying “his car has perfect interior” not even to mention I payed for my car and he didn’t. Throughout the argument (over text) he never says I’m sorry and the closest he says is my bad and tries to minimize the situation. So the next day I decided to call him on the phone to discuss it with him and he doesn’t say sorry until Tell him he never did and basically does the same thing. Then the next day he hits me and my friend up saying we are “being pussys and we need to grow tf up” he keeps Apologizing but contradicts his apology every time and tries to make it seem like I’m overreacting. You guessed it goes the same way. Then he brings in a gc and exposes that I told people a secret I shouldn’t have and tries to make me look like I’m the asshole and the disrespectful one. It escalates obviously. Whatshouldido?

Favorite Answer

Ghost him. He sounds like an entitled little bastard that has a lack of respect for other people's property and feelings. He's not someone you want in your life as you get older because if he hasn't dropped this behavior at 19 he's most likely going to keep doing it and it's going to get worse. I had a friend like that in highschool, he took my new iphone that i paid for entirely and smashed it in school thinking it was funny, so I beat the piss out of him and got suspended and never talked to him again. it's been 8 years.

Sound like immaturity. Big time. Everyone join the military. That’ll mature you in a hurry in a good way.

Step off w this guy. He’s one of those types who seeks attention, manipulates ppl when he’s caught, and is exhausting. Ignore him and move on.

• Bye

Yeah he sounds like an inherently bad person. Early in the story, I thought maybe he’s just really immature and just needed to learn the error of his ways, but all that stuff he did at the end tells me he’s just malicious. I’d say cut him off. It’s only going to get worse.