Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Is it rude to tell someone they are crazy?

My friend randomly sent me a picture of a toddler he clearly found online and when I asked him about it, he said it's "our kid" and that "we are her parents".

A while ago he texted me a pic of his own niece and asked me "who is that?"

Some other things about his character/personality:

When he giggles playfully, the sound of it reminds me of Pennywise the Clown's giggle and sometimes it sounds like the kid Arnie (Leonardo Dicaprio)'s giggle from the movie "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?"

I don't get it. Sometimes, I wonder if my friend is mentally challenged, but how can I be sure? Because sometimes it's like he is while other times, it's like he is truly intelligent and normal with no issues.

• .

Your friend just may have an odd sense of humor. Just because someone's mind doesn't work just like yours or they find things amusing that you don't, doesn't make them mentally ill. Sounds a bit like a maturity issue too, which will hopefully change over time.

• Iam

You don't need to tell your friend that, if you want to be a true friend you could ask if he is okay or tell him that you don't get his jokes but if he is really bothering you could talk to his partner / family about your concerns.

• Snoopy

It is if they are not. It is abuse. Perceived disability discrimination on top of it but it's abuse.