Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

I was draining my pasta in the sink and it all fell in the sink, can I rinse it out and still eat it?

Its the last box, my ankle is sprained, I'm poor, was hungry. I did use a strainer, just tilted the frying pan and lid.

Is there a bacteria risk? Was this dumb. I'm kind of grossed out now, but I rinsed it out in a strainer, and then added butter, garlic, olive oil, vegetable oil, alfredo, and oregano w pepper. 

I had a few botes but dont want to finish it. I tried mixing in an egg too 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It’s fine, especially since you’ll likely be reheating it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • abdul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If it is clean, just bring it back up to very hot with your sauce to kill any bacteria that may be on it.

• 1 month ago

Scoop a serving into a bowl, microwave it for 30 seconds and enjoy. The egg added some danger to the meal.

• 1 month ago

I would not eat that pasta--your sink is probably dirtier than your toilet (Most sinks are)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • IvaB
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Pasta is not "normally" rinsed,but in this case, it makes sense.I hope your sink was recently cleaned because the sink can be  a huge source of pathogens.There is a risk,but I would probably eat it.

• 1 month ago

Yes. Hopefully you have already.

Er...this would partly depend on how clean your sink is....

• Bee V3
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Absolutely. I doubt your sink is super filthy, just rinse it off or boil it again for a few and you should be fine. I highly doubt youll get sick or anything

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Scoop it back in to the pan, rinse and heat it through throroughly to kill any contaminants.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

How clean or gross was your sink?   I mean, have you put raw meat in there and have you cleaned it since then?

I'd probably just heat a kettle of boiling water and pour it over the pasta to reheat/wash it.  

I doubt you'll get sick.   But hey, at least you wouldn't be hungry...lol!   (kidding)

• 1 month ago

Put in back into the strainer and run hot water over it for a couple of minutes. Assuming that the sink was not full of garbage, that should wash off any bacteria on the pasta.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.