Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

I was draining my pasta in the sink and it all fell in the sink, can I rinse it out and still eat it?

Its the last box, my ankle is sprained, I'm poor, was hungry. I did use a strainer, just tilted the frying pan and lid.

Is there a bacteria risk? Was this dumb. I'm kind of grossed out now, but I rinsed it out in a strainer, and then added butter, garlic, olive oil, vegetable oil, alfredo, and oregano w pepper. 

I had a few botes but dont want to finish it. I tried mixing in an egg too 

It’s fine, especially since you’ll likely be reheating it.

• abdul

If it is clean, just bring it back up to very hot with your sauce to kill any bacteria that may be on it.

Scoop a serving into a bowl, microwave it for 30 seconds and enjoy. The egg added some danger to the meal.

I would not eat that pasta--your sink is probably dirtier than your toilet (Most sinks are)

• IvaB

Pasta is not "normally" rinsed,but in this case, it makes sense.I hope your sink was recently cleaned because the sink can be  a huge source of pathogens.There is a risk,but I would probably eat it.

Yes. Hopefully you have already.

Er...this would partly depend on how clean your sink is....

• Bee V3

Absolutely. I doubt your sink is super filthy, just rinse it off or boil it again for a few and you should be fine. I highly doubt youll get sick or anything

Scoop it back in to the pan, rinse and heat it through throroughly to kill any contaminants.

How clean or gross was your sink?   I mean, have you put raw meat in there and have you cleaned it since then?

I'd probably just heat a kettle of boiling water and pour it over the pasta to reheat/wash it.  

I doubt you'll get sick.   But hey, at least you wouldn't be hungry...lol!   (kidding)

Put in back into the strainer and run hot water over it for a couple of minutes. Assuming that the sink was not full of garbage, that should wash off any bacteria on the pasta.