Could my hair loss be due to other reasons other than genetics?

My hair has been thinning very slow for years. But since June 2019 I've lost a lot of hair. If I would have to put numbers I would say that from 20 years old until 25 I lost 7-15% of my hair. My hair loss was only noticeable when I had my hair wet and not by much. I'm now 26, Since June 2019 I've lost a lot of hair, probably 60% of it, and my hair loss is now visible even with dry freshly dried hair. I can't even touch my hair without 3-4 strands falling out, something that didn't happen before. If I brush my hair (I brush sideways) there are 3-6 pieces of hair on my shoulder, this definitely didn't happen before. My hair also gets very greasy 2-3 days after showering. This didn't happen before as I would rarely wash my hair as I use to be under the impression that it was healthier that way so I would wash it maybe once every 10 days and my hair would never be as greasy as it is now. My scalp is also very itchy, and despite trying ketoconazole shampoo I still have flakes. 

Before I didn't even brush my hair, I simply parted it with my fingers sideways. Now I have to brush it sideways to hide my scalp as much as possible. My hair loss is even throughout my scalp, including the sides and back. My left side is most noticeable. I don't have a specific bald spot, it's simply thinning all over. My hairline has also receded a bit, although with all the hair falling out I would say how can it not? It's receded evenly, not just at the temples. My scalp is sensitive. 

• Erik

It sucks, but what I'd really be concerned about, if I were you, is the size of your head.  It seems to be much narrower than it was.

Your name is Lisa but you're posting a photo of a man........

• Lisa1 month agoReport

What does it matter dude?

Like any of us, with no medical degree or any ability to examine you if we had such a degree, can determine the cause of your hair loss.

If you are concerned, talk to your doctor.  Have him refer you to dermatologist who can properly examine you.  If it is a treatable condition, he should be able to help you.

None of us can guess the cause.

• Lisa1 month agoReport

I wish I could

Better make an appointment with a dermatologist (medical doctor specializing in skin conditions).

• Lisa1 month agoReport

If only I could. 

"Could" it?   Sure.

Is anyone here qualified to diagnose you?   No.

Is personal finance the best place for your question?