Lisa asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 3 months ago

Health: Could my hair loss be due to other reasons other than genetics?

My hair has been thinning very slow for years. But since June 2019 I've lost a lot of hair. If I would have to put numbers I would say that from 20 years old until 25 I lost 7-15% of my hair. My hair loss was only noticeable when I had my hair wet and not by much. I'm now 26, Since June 2019 I've lost a lot of hair, probably 60% of it, and my hair loss is now visible even with dry freshly dried hair. I can't even touch my hair without 3-4 strands falling out, something that didn't happen before. If I brush my hair (I brush sideways) there are 3-6 pieces of hair on my shoulder, this definitely didn't happen before. My hair also gets very greasy 2-3 days after showering. This didn't happen before as I would rarely wash my hair as I use to be under the impression that it was healthier that way so I would wash it maybe once every 10 days and my hair would never be as greasy as it is now. My scalp is also very itchy, and despite trying ketoconazole shampoo I still have flakes.

Before I didn't even brush my hair, I simply parted it with my fingers sideways. Now I have to brush it sideways to hide my scalp as much as possible. My hair loss is even throughout my scalp, including the sides and back. My left side is most noticeable. I don't have a specific bald spot, it's simply thinning all over. My hairline has also receded a bit, although with all the hair falling out I would say how can it not? It's receded evenly, not just at the temples. My scalp is sensitive

• drip

Stress can cause hair loss. Some illnesses. What makes you think this isn’t normal male hair loss?  

It is not healthy to wash you hair and scale on once every two weeks! 

https://www.mapleholistics.com/blog/head-and-shoul...

https://www.nbcnews.com/better/pop-culture/best-sh...

I like T-Gel. You need to try different shampoos.  Use a good shampoo not cheap stuff.  

Get a soft brush and give your scalp a good brushing before you shampoo. Try to get rid of the flakes first.  Then when shampooing, lather then keep it on your head for a few minutes before rinsing. 

Your name is Lisa but you're posting photo's of a man.

• Lisa3 months agoReport

What does it matter?

This has sort of happened to me too. Try not to wash it too often. It’s seemed to speed mine up :/

Edit; what you’re describing is word for word exactly what’s happening to me. I can’t get a left side part on it anymore. Used to be a lot fuller now my face looks fat because of the head coverage.not washing it for a while might help and try hair thickening Sprays or keratin fivers might help. And there are shampoos too to thicken hair but they’re a bit expensive

• Lisa3 months agoReport

If I don't wash it it gets super greasy and I feel like it falls out more when it's greasy. Again, this is weird for me because I use to not wash it at all for long stretches of time and it wouldn't get greasy. I'm not sure what has triggered this change.