Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

There is various rumors where priests has allegedly done bad behavior with kids. Is this behavior gettin worse in the Christianity?

• Jea
    Favorite Answer

Nope, it is the same.  They still hide it, cover it up, and blame the victims.

That won't change until authorities (who have so far ignored it) bust these criminal outfits and shut them down.  They amount to factories for ruining our youth!

I'm a Catholic Priest and Ive never diddled kids that much!  Neither have any of my Priest buddies, as far as I know.  Praise Be! Amen!

It's more frequent with the catholic church than the christian church, christian pastors are allow to be married and have children while catholic priests aren't allowed to.

• Lili
      1 month agoReport

Catholics ARE Christians. Christianity is merely the umbrella label for a wide variety of churches and denominations. That's all. And I think we're going to discover that this is far more frequent among Protestants and other non-Catholic Christians than we've realized to date.

Your grammar's getting worse.

• Kieth

As it draws attention, it will be reported more. In our church, we have a policy that nobody is ever alone with the children, no classroom doors are locked, and teacher's aides act as monitors.

• Jea
      1 month agoReport

Every church should follow your leadership.  A safer world for kids would result.  Good on you and on your church!

A true Christian would never do this to a child or anyone.  God calls homosexual or pedophilia behavior an abomination and Jude tells us that it comes from a depraved mind.  A true Christian was not given a spirit of fear, but of love, power and a sound mind.  A depraved mind is not a quality of a Christian.  The Catholic Church is being judged by Almighty God for forbidding the priests to marry and for forbidding certain foods.  As I see it at this moment in history, All the houses of God are being judged by God to see if they can stand.  If the Pope doesn't change, he may see his house crumble.  

• Mack

If by rumored you mean documented and admitted, yes it's getting better. Now the problem is known.

• Lili

I think we're going to find that this sort of thing has been going on in all religions for a long time.

That said, the number of Catholic priests who've engaged in such abuse is, fortunately, a tiny fraction of the total.  That's far too many, but the vast majority of Catholic priests have never abused anyone. 

However, I've no doubt that it's been far more of an issue among Protestant ministers than we yet know.

• Lili
      1 month agoReport

My dear, I am a professor of history, and one of my fields is religious history. I've been studying Roman Catholicism for a very long time.  I know far more than you ever will about the Catholic Church, of that I can assure you.

Now that it's a scandal

it's getting better

because

now

religious officials realize that there are serious legal and financial consequences to covering up such acts.

• Jea
      1 month agoReport

Yet they still cover it up.  They haven't realized a thing.

It's up to you to see the good in the world and increase it or the evil and complain about it.