What makes somebody seem child like?

At work a lot of customers say I seem like a high school student

And yesterday a guy saw me and talked to me very sweetly like he thought I was a 9 year old kid

And I’m 34! But everybody thinks I’m younger 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Linda
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If someone seems childlike in their appearance or demeanor, it usually is because they are small or have a high voice like a little girl or boy and maybe a very young looking face and if they talk innocently it makes them appear naive or innocent. It isn't exactly flattering to be thought of as childlike at 34 and I would be offended if a man addressed me as a 9 year old and did not acknowledge me as a woman, especially if it seemed patronizing or condescending. I would be pissed inside if I was addressed as a child or an elderly women who also can appear childlike after 70. I know for me I would try to change the way I presented myself if this happened frequently because it is not a compliment and shouldn't be viewed as one. 

Source(s): Know what that feels like
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Alan H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Being childish is a problem 

Being childlike is a great asset

• Linda
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

But being talked to as if you are a child is an insult 

• 1 month ago

If you're a girl and you don't wear makeup that's one thing that will do it. Most girls look younger without makeup. You don't have to wear it at all but it's one of those things that will make you look older. Also try to be grateful for looking young a lot of people are ruining their looks these days and not taking care of themselves. Don't be another one of them. Be grateful for how you look.

• Linda
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

But you can look young and still be addressed as an adult. I used to work at a retirement home and the women there were addressed like children and it is an insult either way. Also if you call someone sweetie or dear or honey it seems patronizing as he@l.

• 1 month ago

At your age that is more of a benefit than a liability.

• ...Show all comments
    • David B.
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Linda; I think it is pretty obvious that my answer was regarding her and not the customer that she was talking about.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

just look at the democrats and their failed impeachment attempt . talk about childish. 

• Linda
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Look at the skunk man you idiot

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.