Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

my best friend is annoying me?

Hi!

I am a 17 yo girl and my best friend is a 17 yo boy. We text everyday on instagram. However, he is a notoriously bad texter. He will like things and post things yet he hasnt read your message. He does this to everyone, but I love him and really want to talk. He is very busy (as am I but I respond to everyone in a timely manner). 

For example, yesterday his brother facetimed me and flipped the camera on my best friend. he was outside chilling out ON HIS PHONE when I had texted him while back. 

Its not that my best friend doesnt want to talk, hes just a bad texter. How do I tell him his texting habits annoy me nicely? 

Thank you!

He is sending you a message but because you don't like it, he has too, is not right.

• d j

I think he doesn't care about you or anybody else that much.

His world revolves around him.

So you can tell him whatever you want anyway you want, he's not going to think about it twice.

Moreover, if you consider yourself as a good friend then stop expecting anything from him. Accept him as he is.

Being a best friend means accepting people for who they are, flaws and all. You know he's a bad texter, that it has nothing personally to do with you. If that's the worst thing you can say about him, in my opinion that's pretty easy to accept.

All that being said, there's nothing wrong with telling him that his texting habits leave something to be desired, as long as you are willing to accept that this most likely will not change and you are ok with that.

Why be nice? Just tell him that he's a terrible texter and it annoys you because you are a fabulous one. Smile as you do it in a jokey fashion. It may not change his habits but at least you'll know that he knows.