If God is real why doesnt he show himself?

What poor design by this deity, that we can't look up on him, or hear him speak?  

Can you imagine building a computer, that stopped working if you looked at or spoke to it? - It'd be a stupid idea.  

Going to a computer shop to buy it. 

Customer: I want to be able to do spreadsheets on it

Shop: Certainly.  Although I must warn you, that if you look at it, it will die. 

It actually sounds like poor excuses as to why you cant see the Emperor's New Clothes.  You must have faith the Emperor isnt naked.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

god isn't real, so don't hold your breath!

• Satan
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

My thoughts exactly 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

According to Malachi 3&4 it asks who can stand when God appears . He is like a refiner's fire . You have to have been obeying all of Jesus' sayings long enough .

• 1 month ago

You can't see Him because of impaired vision.

• Satan
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

More chance of seeing Santa?

• 1 month ago

He has, but the appearance of Heavenly Father is rare, having given all authority to Jesus, it is Jesus who is seen more often

Jesus and H.F did appear to Joseph Smith in 1820

Attachment image
    • Satan
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Is that the bloke with the magical hat?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

If God is real, why doesn't he show himself?

Can you imagine building a computer [ , ] that stopped working if you looked at or spoke to it?

Although I must warn you [ , ] that, if you look at it, it will die. 

You're welcome.

• Satan
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Nope, no idea what youre on about there - you look like youve taken my post, chopped it up and expect a best answer - not happening 

• Liz
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

It is good to think about why God is invisible to human eyes. Well, would you expect to survive a journey to the sun? No, you would burn up long before you got there. God created the sun. Hence, he is far too powerful to be viewed by human eyes. That is why God says in his Word: “No man may see me and yet live.”—Ex. 33:20. If a flesh-and-blood human were to stand in the immediate presence of Jehovah God, the experience would prove fatal. Moses got to see just a part of Jehovah’s glory, evidently through an angelic representative. With what effect? Moses’ face “emitted rays” for some time afterward. The Israelites feared even to look directly at Moses’ face. 

BELIEVING THE UNSEEN

Can we believe in a God we cannot see? Well, do we believe in only what we see? No, we very much believe in things we do not see.

In fact, our very lives depend directly upon something we cannot see! What is that? The air we breathe. Without it, we would die in a few minutes. We cannot see the air, but we certainly know that it exists. If you were to hold your breath for sixty seconds, you would appreciate very quickly the air that you cannot see.

We cannot see the wind either, but we do see trees waving in the breeze, and ocean waves tossed about by the wind’s power. We believe that the wind exists because we see its results.

Electricity is invisible. But what amazing things it can do! It lights lamps, heats homes, drives huge machines and makes kitchen appliances work for us. No sensible person doubts that electricity exists just because it cannot be seen.

Radio, television and radar beams are transmitted through the air, unseen. Yet we know that they exist because of the sound or pictures they produce.

Can we see gravity? No, but without it, everything not firmly attached to the earth, including people, would tend to float off into space. A similar force is magnetism. A magnet attracts iron, yet the magnetic field is invisible to our eyes.

The nucleus of the atom is bound together by a powerful, yet invisible, force. But we know the force is real because fantastic amounts of energy are released when the atom is “split” in atomic explosions.

We cannot see X rays, but they can penetrate the body and take pictures of our bones. What would a doctor say if you told him that X rays did not exist because you could not see them?

We do not see odors, but our nose picks them up; bloodhounds even track people by the invisible smell. And we cannot see sound waves either, but our ears pick them up; so we know that they are real. We believe in many things we cannot see, because we observe the evidence, the results they produce. In the same way, we know an unseen Creator exists because we observe the evidence, the results of his handiwork. The Bible says: “For his invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship.”—Rom. 1:20.

Short answer just open your eyes.

Source(s): jw.org
    • Satan
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

"God created the sun. Hence, he is far too powerful to be viewed by human eyes" - I've seen Werner Heisenberg. He created the atomic bomb. That created temps hotter than the sun - so your theory is already proven to be absolute drivel 

• 1 month ago

HE DOES THINGS HIS WAY NOT YOURS...HE WILL WHEN HE IS READY...FIRST RAPTURE WILL HAPPEN AND TRIBULATION...U can pray anytime when willing to Jesus.

• Satan
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Why not pray to Buddha? I mean there's all these religions on Earth, and all claim to be the right one....  Without using the Bible, can you explain why youres is correct?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because he has better things to do then to show himself to some primitive people.

• Satan
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

No he hasnt.  Humans were supposed to be his pride and joy.  Why create such a stupid rule that he cant look at his own creation without destroying it?

• 1 month ago

You connect with God through prayer, not a keyboard

• ...Show all comments
    • Satan
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Ah, because your can't answer a simple question, your want me to ask a slightly easier one for you?  No, thats not how it works.

• Mack
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because it isn't...

• Satan
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

God isnt real? There's more proof for no god, than there is for one.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.