Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

What are some reasons on why people don't believe in God?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Because the way God is envisioned by manmade religions and their spin offs is absurd, horrific and created by long dead men who had no better idea of who or what or if god is than anyone else.

Who knows if there is a higher power, creator of all or what its intent or purpose is, if any?

People just need to pay attention to their own journey, follow their own path and treat others with kindness, compassion and non judgment.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

They put too much significance on humankind.

The same people find it difficult to believe that though our insanely vast galaxy is one of billions, that theres no way there could be other life beyond us. 

And if they do believe there's life beyond this earth, then why don't they believe there can be a supreme ultimate being beyond that which is why the earth was made with a sun and a moon perfectly coordinated with the rest of nature and why life feels like a constant battle of good and evil in society and within ourselves. As if there was a higher purpose and understanding to life beyond capitalism and consuming til we die. 

• 1 month ago

Some don't want to.

Some don't want to find out.

Some simply assume that their assumptions are correct.

• 1 month ago

Lack of the Bible knowledge. Lack of appreciation for creation. 

• Broton
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

We know the Bible isn't true, That's enough

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

All sin is a function of Pride, even blasphemy (atheism/idolatry).

• Broton
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Yet Christians demonstrate more pride than we ever do

• Ted K
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

People can talk about evidence, or science, but in my opinion, that's all after-the-fact rationalization.  The #1 thing about belief is that it's all about how one FEELS.  Does one feel a need to believe in something, or not?  It's kind of like falling in love--you either feel it or you don't.  But in the case of religious belief, that need is conditioned or entrained by one's immediate environment--e.g. parents, peers, etc. from an early age--an age at which people are highly suggestible and malleable, an age where "fitting in" is important.  Thus, early experiences are the biggest determinant of whether one is going to feel that need to believe or not.  If that need is instilled into you then you will likely seek out precisely that with which you have been instilled.  If you haven't been so "trained," then you won't feel it, and that need usually doesn't materialize.  Later life experiences or training are just layered over that foundation, and in some cases may be strong enough to overcome it, but very often not.  Early experiences like that are powerful, and can last a whole lifetime.

Speaking for myself, I was never instilled with that need to believe, and so I just don't feel it.  It's not important to me.  My subsequent scientific training has confirmed that lack of belief, but at root, it isn't science that's responsible--I was an atheist long before i was a scientist.

• 1 month ago

Alot of people loose hope because of suffering, hypocrisy in religion, not seeing god, etc.

Jw.org has more info about this topic

• Hernando
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

A lot is two words, not one. 

• 1 month ago

Primarily it seems to be that they believe all natural phenomena can be explained more easily in other ways, and have evidence to back this up. I don't agree but that's probably why. There are some others found elsewhere. For instance, some Indian philosophers believe that karma explains the operation of the world so well that there's no need to appeal to the idea of God.

• Liz
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

They say that scientific investigation of the world around us has proved that life came into existence not by intelligent creation but by blind chance and the haphazard process of evolution. They argue, therefore, that there was no Creator and that it follows that the question of God is superfluous. Furthermore, many of them believe that the Bible is simply out-of-date and illogical, hence, not worthy of belief. Consequently, for them, there is no longer any basis for belief in the existence of God.

• Jea
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There is only one reason.

Gods don't exist.  What more reason would you need?

• Mack
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There is no logic or evidence for such a being.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.