Do you agree with Trump that if you have an opinion, and you state that opinion, but it's different from Trump's opinion, you should be sued?

More Lawsuits Against Media For Expressing 'Wrong' Opinions

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-media-opinion...

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No I disagree with everything Trump says.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Trump tried to claim that CNN and MSNBC are exaggerating the Coronavirus severity, in order to cause panic on Wall St,   crash the stock market, and then put the blame on Trump!

Why someone has not tried to invoke the 25th amendment and just have him declared  INSANE already,   is beyond me .

He's a raging f*ckwit- 

• Jerry S
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

well said my friend.

• 1 month ago

donald trump cannot be taken seriously. He is nothing more than an entitled 9 year old who has been stomping his feet and raging for the past 4 years because the whole world has not agreed to everything that has come out of his mouth. Someone really needs to give him a cookie or something.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Of course they have the right to state their opinion and state verifiable facts to support their opinions. Lying is not an opinion as CNN and The NY Times din concerning the case of the Coving Catholic High School students. "Everybody knows" is NOT a fact nor are your feelings a fact. Critical thinking is a skill that has been deleted from liberal arts curriculums of our most prestigious universities because it is usually racially motivated and causes discomfort.

• tribeca_belle
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

One thing that is taught in universities is the standard that public figures have to meet in order to successfully sue the press for defamation.  You should consult that standard, read the opinion piece in question and use your critical thinking skills. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Expressing an opinion if far different than slander and libel. 

The first book my Parents had me read was the dictionary......You should read it as well. 

• Manny
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Of course not, the First Amendment still applies to even what you don't wanna hear.

Unless you plan on gutting it, which would be odd because right-wingers say they are champions of the First Amendment, LOL.

Just another example of how thin-skinned all these tough guys are. Freedom of Speech means the right of right-wingers to offend liberals and minorities, not the other way around or else it's oppression, LOL.

Source(s): Really, this hypocrisy would be sad if it wasn't so annoying.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

To start with, I don't agree w/ Conway's "alternate facts" ... LOL. That's a way to satisfy the feeble minded. Facts win debate. Opinion only is for also ran losers. It's ok to have an opinion, but how was the opinion arrived at? This is where facts win the day. If you go to court trying to win a case w/ opinion only, the judge will be offended ... lol. Opinion only is cheap. It's for people who think they're special. It's shocking how many people form their opinion f/ falsehoods.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Wrong Opinions? You are a Democrat FOOL. False accusations. Try again loser. You Democrats are so desperate you will do anything to beat Republicans. Even destroy America

Your a puke and not the kind you throw up up out your mouth. The other end. Where your sun never shines 

• 1 month ago

Shut them down President Trump! Shut them down! The fake news propaganda outlets like CNN, AP, Reuters, NYT, etc. need to be stopped. 

• 1 month ago

The media shouldn't be able to say whatever it wants; it has to be able to support its opinions with actual facts.

• ...Show all comments
    • vitae1 month agoReport

@tribeca_belle, that's great. I was talking about the media not trump. As for the lawsuit will be dismissed since you have to prove harm, so even if they said something completely false in a non-opinion piece you still have to prove harm.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.