Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 3 months ago

Did it sound like my aunt doesn't want me to grow up?

I felt I should stay home alone rather than always going on vacation with my family and when my sister was asking if I wanted to go on vacation with them this summer I said no I wanted to stay home and work make more money my aunt tells me my mom to leave me at her house and so she can see if I can live on my own. I thought what a b I t ch my aunt was for saying that. Would you find that offensive does my aunt even care about me? Would you be offended?

I was 20 when she said that to my mom

Favorite Answer

depends on how old I was

• Blessed

being twenty, it sounds like your aunt doesn`t trust you to be alone or is worried about your safety being alone at home. The first seems rude, the second seems more realistic as break-ins occur frequently.

Doesn't matter what she wants, you do what you want.

i would go on vacation with your family

How old is your aunt? Maybe she just wanted some quality time alone with you.

You have just shown how actually childish you really are. Your aunt was helping your mother. You didn't want to go on the family holiday and your mother was anxious that you'd be left behind on your own and possibly get upset all alone. Your aunt, to stop your mother's anxiety, offered to help out. A rather nice thing to do. Your aunt knows you and knows probably what a little b***** you can be and probably doesn't look forward to looking after you or watching over poor little you or whatever for the week your family is away - but she's biting the bullet and has even offered you a bed in her house. What a little s*** you are.

how old are you.... that is a kind of immature post... with that attitude you should be kicked out on your own...

It depends. Have you ever spent a long period of time alone? Is it reasonable to question whether you can cook etc. for yourself? Plenty of people can't, in which case fair enough on your aunt asking - you take it as offensive, it could be that she is genuinely worried you'll spend two weeks eating pizza and flood the house trying to work the washing machine. Obviously she could just be rude, but there is another side.

• y

I would not find a general statement like that offensive, the aunt apparently has no idea of what ages, do what. Then again, your aunt may know you very well and maybe that is what she based her suggestion on. Either way, you getting so bent about it indicates you have other issues.