Will God save my soul from pride if I seek Him?

I discovered now that I can make millions and become famous

teaching my ideas on the bible

But I don't want to become proud or arrogant or fake

I might be better off working discretely away from public eyes at some amazon business

where I make less but have privacy and can keep a low profile

• Justin
    Favorite Answer

There is a specific way that Jesus commands us to maintain humility. He separates economics out into 'righteous commerce' and 'mammon.'

Righteous commerce is any business we do which provides for the immediate and basic necessities of others. GOD sets no limits upon the wealth produced by such a business since its success directly provides for the needs of the poor and represents a base for society itself. Christ's closest 'friends' were wealthy with this type of wealth. He never advised them to give their wealth away. Scripture is clear that this is the type of wealth that is meant to be sustained over generations and only expanded, (Psalm 37:25-27).

'Mammon' is any wealth attained through business that does not provide for basic necessities or meet immediate needs. Jesus condemns the system based upon it which oppresses the poor, but He does not condemn its use. In fact, He gives us specific instructions on how to use it to liberate people from both government and criminal oppression, using it to 'make friends' in this manner, (Luke 16:9), thereby establishing a permanent safety net for ourselves against poverty. This is what He Himself did.

The business you are describing is 'mammon,' even though it is ministry. This may seem ironic or backward, but it really isn't. That is exactly how GOD 'conquers' the system of mammon. He provides avenues to access its resources and uses them to ingeniously liberate people from its own oppression. What this means is that the windfall produced isn't 'yours' per se and should not be used for yourself in any way. GOD only provides 'mammon' to believers specifically to liberate people from active government or criminal oppression.

Basically, this means He uses the money to 'ransom' people from evil's grasp in the hope that they will see His grace and love for them. That would include paying burdensome tax debts for others, settling criminal debts or lawsuits, rescuing families being crushed by medical bills, bank foreclosures,etc...or any other scenario where the evil system is needlessly abusing people. In this context, you could not possibly have enough of this type of money. This is also a very humbling process for you, personally, since you will see GOD's hand delivering others and realize that the 'personal prestige' has nothing to do with the money itself. The glory belongs to Christ. 

I caution you to use 'mammon' only as Christ instructs us though, since using it for yourself will bring anathema upon you until you learn not to blaspheme the Lord. 

Yes you could avoid this entire scenario by staying more 'private,' but we are not called to be cowards or judges of others. If the opportunity clearly exists, this is no accident. We are here to liberate others so their souls can see the grace, power and love of Christ.

I can arrange for God to forgive you if you give me just ONE of your millions.

The god as portrayed by the world's major religions is prideful, vain, arrogant, genocidal and cruel.  People who say God is Love, obviously do not understand the concept or definition of unconditional love when they believe the crap they do about the god of their various religions.

I'm agnostic but would not believe in anything so abhorrent, let alone worship it.Feel free to prove to yourself and the world that you can make millions off of your ideas on a book that has already been badly translated, heavily misinterpreted and edited for nefarious purposes as well as researched and discussed ad nauseum.  The ones that proved to me what I already knew about the bible....that it was just a collection of manmade ramblings,  were true bible scholars, including one who studied the original languages it was written in. Good luck with that.

• Robert

Isn't it up to YOU to control your pride? You already know what your path should be and if that is the path God set for you it's up to you to choose to obey or not

You have a corrupted mind already, you are destitute of the truth because you suppose that godliness is a means of gain, but godliness with contentment is great gain.  For we brought nothing into this world and it is certain that we can carry nothing out, but having food and clothing, therewith we should be content.  But those who desire to be rich, fall into temptation and a snare and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition; for the love of money is the root of all evil, for which some have strayed from the faith and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.  But YOU O MAN, FLEE THESE THINGS, and pursue, righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience gentleness.  Fight the good fight of faith - lay hold on eternal life to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession of faith in the presence of many witnesses.  I urge you to keep this commandment without spot or blemish, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing. (1 Timothy 6: 5 - 16)

• Doug

Do you know where you are going when you die? The Bible says you can KNOW you have eternal life through simple faith in Jesus Christ (1 John 5:13).

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).