Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Why won’t mental health team admit me to hospital? They know I’m a risk to myself, I’ve self harmed, I overdosed 5 times in one month, went?

To a psych hospital for a few weeks but they discharged me because I only have anxiety and depression and they don’t want me there because I’m not mentally ill with psychosis or anything like that. Everyone thinks I can be managed in the community despite multiple overdoses.

Favorite Answer

What it sounds like to me is you are asking why they are not admitting you on a long term basis such as to a state hospital or a residential psych facility. Current treatment in mental health is not moving in that direction. Since deinstitutionalization efforts in mental health facilities began, things have changed. You would have to have a major qualifying psychiatric condition that is debilitating to your daily life that is not helped by inpatient treatment at a shorter stay psychiatric hospital. Generally, Long-term placement at one of these types of facilities is not done easily. It is a long process that takes careful consideration and by the sound of it, your healthcare providers don't agree that it is the right placement decision for you. While at times it can seem especially tough to cope with daily stresses and I certainly can't understand your unique situations, I do wish you luck in overcoming all that you are going through. You obviously have overcome a lot already considering you haven't let all of the above end you. Please continue to get help as appropriate and I encourage you or anyone else reading this to reach out to your support person or therapist/counselor before things get overwhelming.  

• Joseph1 month agoReport

@Lili you can't know what others struggles are through the internet and it never hurts to be kind. Besides, there may be others looking for support who may also read this even if the OP isn't genuine. It's easy to be cruel but sometimes it's better to just be mature and offer help. 

Waste of resources.  It's too bad they can't just take the organs they need but you've likely screwed them up.

• S1 month agoReport

Twisted fück aren’t you 

• Lili

Troll, folks. We've seen her whining here a thousand times before.  Don't take her seriously.  Her so-called "mental health team" doesn't.

• kelvin
      1 month agoReport

she just means her mentally screwed up family

You appear to be self diagnosing yourself as opposed to listening to the professionals. You're not a person that needs admitting to a Psych Hospital but someone that possibly could do with the input of a good Therapist. No-one is trying to down-play your condition they just don't have the authority anymore to just section someone like you which is a good thing despite you not liking the fact. The next port of cal for you would be your GP/Doctor who will be able to point you in the right direction of professionals that can be of help to you.

it sounds like u are lonely.

• Andy C

They deal with psychotic breaks and other ACUTE psychological breakdowns,  not chronic conditions like yours that won't benefit from hospitalization. 

This post smells of troll.  Are you?  Regardless,  the advice is the same: seek regular counseling/therapy and talk to your doctor or psychiatrist to see if any medications may help with the coping process. 

Source(s): My wife is a doctor and I understand what and what can't be done in the psychiatric ward of the hospital.
    • S1 month agoReport

You deserve to die.

Sounds like attention seeking behaviour. Talk to a therapist.

• S1 month agoReport

Kill yourself you stupid cûnt