Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingOther - Pregnancy & Parenting · 3 months ago

Is being childless bad?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

It varies from person to person. Some people are content with never having kids. Others (like me) really want to have kids.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Why would it be bad?  There are a lot of advantages, frankly.

The point is that we have choices and should have choices.  It's perfectly fine to choose not to have children.

• 3 months ago

Never you have lots of options

• God
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

It's totally a personal choice.  It's not good or bad.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jill
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

It might be bad/sad if having a child is really important to you and, for whatever reason, you cannot have a child.

If having a child is not important to you then (IMO) just don't have one. Maybe your family/culture expects you to continue your line but I don't think anyone should feel bad if they decide parenthood just isn't for them. 

• 3 months ago

Think of all the freedom you'll have if you remain childless and all the money you'll save, plus you could offer to babysit your friends children, then you get to be the cool 'aunt/uncle', then hand them back.

• Rick
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

it's your choice ................................................

• 3 months ago

No , if u do not feel any child need , physically , financially or due to any other reason like extra busy facing difficulty or paucity of time to bring up a child

• 3 months ago

I suppose if you had your heart set on being a parent, but if not, no it isn't a bad thing. and there is always adoption. My wife and I adopted our son after she had a miscarriage and hysterectomy shortly after we were married.

• 3 months ago

Not necessarily. If you know how to be mature when you have to, it doesn't really matter. If you're always childish and you don't know how to act mature when you're needed to, I think you need help.

• ...Show all comments
    • GB
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

Katherine, it is not nice of David to mock your dyslexia. The OP is asking if it is a bad thing to not have children, rather than if it is bad to behave like a child.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.