Don't you find it surprising Sears cannot sell off its Kenmore brand?

No one is interested

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Not really when most of its appliances are made by other companies, laundry, by Whirlpool, fridges and stoves, by GE/Hotpoint, and dishwashers, a mix of Whirlpool and Frigidaire.

• 5 months ago

"Kenmore" is only a nameplate put onto machines made by other companies. It has no value. #COMMENT - Apples and oranges.  The Craftsman name has value because the name is trusted. While with Sears Craftsman tools also had great warrantees. I swear by my Craftsman tools. ## FOLLOW-UP ... Whenever I went to buy an appliance from Sears (and I bought many during 33 years in this house) I always researched who actually MADE the machine. Whirlpool was my go-to maker over the years (washer, dryer, dishwashers, refrigerators). [Hot water tanks are made by other companies.] Sears does not manufacture the machines !!

• Judy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

why would they be? Sears has been selling other name brands of appliances for many years, and even when Kenmore was still popular, everyone knew who made them, e.g. if you buy a Kenmore washer and drier, you're buying a Whirlpool. There was a time when Sears was the go-to place for appliances, in large part due to their service, that's long gone.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Sears had an offer to purchase the Kenmore brand and they declined.

Fake news.

But yeah...Sears is blue and barely has a pulse.   Perfect example of a company utterly failing to innovate with the times just like Toys R Us.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

That is a bit surprising. I wonder why.

• Tasm
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

They could if it was cheap enough

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.