Don't you find it surprising Sears cannot sell off its Kenmore brand?

No one is interested

• Mark

Not really when most of its appliances are made by other companies, laundry, by Whirlpool, fridges and stoves, by GE/Hotpoint, and dishwashers, a mix of Whirlpool and Frigidaire.

"Kenmore" is only a nameplate put onto machines made by other companies. It has no value. #COMMENT - Apples and oranges.  The Craftsman name has value because the name is trusted. While with Sears Craftsman tools also had great warrantees. I swear by my Craftsman tools. ## FOLLOW-UP ... Whenever I went to buy an appliance from Sears (and I bought many during 33 years in this house) I always researched who actually MADE the machine. Whirlpool was my go-to maker over the years (washer, dryer, dishwashers, refrigerators). [Hot water tanks are made by other companies.] Sears does not manufacture the machines !!

• Judy

why would they be? Sears has been selling other name brands of appliances for many years, and even when Kenmore was still popular, everyone knew who made them, e.g. if you buy a Kenmore washer and drier, you're buying a Whirlpool. There was a time when Sears was the go-to place for appliances, in large part due to their service, that's long gone.

Sears had an offer to purchase the Kenmore brand and they declined.

Fake news.

But yeah...Sears is blue and barely has a pulse.   Perfect example of a company utterly failing to innovate with the times just like Toys R Us.

That is a bit surprising. I wonder why.

• Tasm

They could if it was cheap enough