Where is my 2006 Honda Civic leaking oil from?

I’ve noticed oil marks on my driveway and there’s a lot of oil behind the engine probably dripping under to the driveway, are there any common places where my 06 Honda would leak from? I was thinking the vtech gasket but I’m unsure because it’s coming from the back of the engine. 

Favorite Answer

Find the PVC valve and change it. A good valve keeps the blowby gases from building up pressure in the engine causing oil to push out of the seals at around 10+ years old. 

• bo

well since the pic shows the transmission so if leaking between the transmission and engine probably the rear main engine oil seal. get diagnosis and estimate to repair. find local shop at ATRA.COM 

My Toy had bad pan gasket. No wasn't rear mains, I find they are  OK usually in a car that is driven often and doesn't sit. This gasket allowed hi  pressure oil from #5 main bearing  to spray everywhere. (No Slinger,  like an American car would use. )  .Only way to replace properly was to pull engine.

The oil pressure warning light sending unit is common leak point on the back of the block.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

Could be any of a number of gaskets or seals. Probably need to get under the car, I like those Rhino Ramps, with a flashlight and snoop around a bit to see where it appears to be coming from. Could clean the surfaces with some brake parts cleaner and rags and come back in a week or two and take another look.

• k w

take it to the dealer, they found my vacuum leak, and oil leaks from the valve covers, and all kinds of stuff......just take it there and quit screwing around, my honda is a 2002 and they fixed all kinds of stuff that needed fixing....it is a good car, exhaust system lasted 16 yrs, alternator 15yrs...I'm still not getting rid of it.........

• k w

nope, but usually you get what you pay for. I saved plenty of money not regularly going to the dealer, cuz it was a pretty good car, but sometimes you just got to pay the freight

06?  Add oil when low.

The rear main seal is the most likely source.

• Barry

Unfortunately the only way to find out is to clean the engine thoroughly with degreasing solution. They inspect frequently to find the source. Boy boy may be right about the input shaft oil seal. However he's not right about adding 'stop leak' chemicals as they don't work and may damage your engine by restricting lubrication.

• Mohit3 months agoReport

Thank you 

normally an oil leak at rear of engine is main oil seal ..this will leak into bellhousing and out into the ground ..its possible to be a sump gasket ..even the drain plug washer ..but unlikely..if its the rear seal its quite a big job ..engine out ..but you can buy a stop leak kit from halfords ..whever it works or not i dont know

• Snezzy

Tin Goose has oil pressure gauges where you can look out at the wings and SEE them!