Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesHonda · 3 months ago

Is it normal for a 2018 Honda Fit to not start after sitting for just a week? Is there a parasite just a crappy tiny battery?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I know about the tiny battery. However a week should not be a problem.  You might need the electrical charging system checked (Walmart does an electrical check for maybe $25?) Battery should still be good at least until 2025.  Unless there is a fault in the battery. My first battery was a $200 unit(still small) and it lasted 10 years.

. I opted for the 5 year battery ($100) and it will last 7 years.

Wally does a load test, and starter draw check and alternator output check and parasitic draw so they can tell you what is up. 

• car253
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Auto Zone will check the battery for free.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

All newer cars have parasitic drains.  Just go to auto zone and ask them to load test the batter and check the charging system.  

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Get the battery charged and load tested.  Battery is likely done. 

• CB
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

You probably left an interior light on, they are kind of easy to tap on. Same thing happened to my mom on her new 2018 fit.......been fine since sitting for many days in a row.

• mech3 months agoReport

NO I DIDN'T.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

No.  Batteries should last at least three years.  And the car is still under manufacture's warranty.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.