Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 1 year ago

Driver Question for you?

I was driving Car #1 about to enter an intersection. I suddenly noticed Van #2 just ahead pulling out into my lane from the stop sign ahead and to my right. Van #2 started a right turn and grave me no chance to avoid him. Car #3 was waiting in the intersection to make a left turn across my path. The side of Van #2 was still in my path so I couldn't avoid a crash.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

And your question is...????

FAIL -  just like your driving skills.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

The basic speed law is that the driver must be able to stop in the assured distance ahead. Clearly this was violated. Van #2 pulled out based on the observation that if car #1 was doing the legal speed limit and if that had been the case there would have been no problem.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.