Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 1 year ago

Driver Question for you?

I was driving Car #1 about to enter an intersection. I suddenly noticed Van #2 just ahead pulling out into my lane from the stop sign ahead and to my right. Van #2 started a right turn and grave me no chance to avoid him. Car #3 was waiting in the intersection to make a left turn across my path. The side of Van #2 was still in my path so I couldn't avoid a crash.

1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

And your question is...????

.

FAIL -  just like your driving skills.

1 year ago

The basic speed law is that the driver must be able to stop in the assured distance ahead. Clearly this was violated. Van #2 pulled out based on the observation that if car #1 was doing the legal speed limit and if that had been the case there would have been no problem.