Minni
Minni asked in SportsOlympics · 3 months ago

Will the 2020 Olympics be postponed or canceled? How do you feel about it?

• Favorite Answer

It looks like The Coronavirus is laying the Smackdown on more and more countries on Planet Earth. Coronavirus is on a roll and it will take time before it is stopped. The Summer Olympics need to be postponed until next Summer. Maybe by that time there will be a cure found for it?

Postponed for now but with COVID-19 having no end in site it could be the end of the Olympics and sports as a whole. 

That still hasn't been decided, but Olympics qualifications events in Italy have been cancelled or postponed, travel restrictions are being enforced and leagues like the NBA have suspended play. It depends on how long it takes for things to settle down.

I don't care because I stopped watching the Olympics due to its mostly prime time gynocentric programming. For the summer games it's mostly gymnastics and for the winter games it's mostly ice skating. Those aren't sports that I want to watch.

I really doubt the olympics will be cancelled or postponed. There is waaaay too much money wrapped up in this to stop now. And now that the virus is starting to lose ground the games more than likely will continue as planned.

Hopefully Japan finds some way to keep it going. Even if it means doing so without an audience.

Probably canceled if the virus continues to spread. It is in the summer so there is a possibility that the virus will die during the hot months. Africa seems like it hasn’t been hit hard and it’s pretty hot there. 

I don’t see how it can be postponed unless all the venues were just for the olympics. 

Millions of fans, athletes and workers coming together from practically every country in the world in one place, yeah I don’t see that happening right now, and I really don’t care if it’s canceled my daily life isn’t affected.

• Rick B

I think they will be canceled.

I don't care. I think organized sports are an enormous waste of money and resources.