Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 3 months ago

How can I convince a volunteer supervisor at a hospital to accept me as a volunteer? (Due to COVID19, they told me no)?

With COVID19, unfortunately, it is ruining my future. Here is my situation, I need to be volunteering in the next 9 months to enter a competitive program. (medical related) And I had an interview at my local hospital and they said no to me due to COVID19. I've spoke with a program about this, and they said that this is not an excuse. If I don't volunteer, I am out of the list. How do I convince the supervisor that I need a volunteer position?

This COVID is definitely going to ruin my future career. Because I am not spending another year to wait for another opportunity when this is my opportunity.

Maybe you should have volunteered months ago?

If you were already trained in proceedures they may have allowed you to continue volunteering. You cannot expect them to waste time and resources training new volunteers during the current health emergency.

I can't imagine that coronavirus is going to be this active in 9 months, so could you contact your local hospital and see if they will commit to calling you when they are able to have you come in for an interview?

• Tavy

Well they are beyond stupid if they cannot understand why you can't do it.

No one is volunteering in the U.K. give it a couple of weeks in the US and the message might be understood.

UK

Were were told no, you whining baffoon. Stfu!!!! 

• John3 months agoReport

I'm not whining.  I just have no other choice but to volunteer. I wish I did. Well technically I do, It's either volunteer or switch majors and start school all over again

You can't. They don't care about your personal needs, their responsibility is to their patients. Try other places, wait it out, or just give up.