Can I still go on vacation in August?

With this whole corona virus business. I had booked a vacation to turkey in August. Do you reckon I will still be able to go? August is in 5 months so I reckon this corona virus will had eradicated a bit by then. I’ve haven’t had anything from the hotel saying they are going to cancel so fingers crossed I can still go?

Did you enjoy your vacation in Turkey? what part did you go? 

I am from Turkey, most of the hotels are going to be ready for the June. 

Due to Covid-19, hotels must take some precautions to accept their visitors.

• miffy

No way,you will not be going the virus is still rampaging through Turkey and even if the hotel doesn't cancel you will not be safe by August. Maybe by August 2021 IF a vaccine has been found.

I think the number of new cases will be zero in August, but there might still be cases getting treatment, but they will most likely be in hospitals or in quarantine, but I would not book it 'till the second half of August.

• Orla C

Maybe. I wouldn't change the bookings right away.

No one knows yet what the situation will be then. President Trump said yesterday that the situation could continue into July or August. All you can do is wait and hope for the best.

The hotel is not going to cancel 5 months in advance. Most likely you will be able to go. The predictions right now is that the pandemic should start to taper out by April-June, provided it behaves like the other corona vira, and people start proving themselves able to follow simple guidelines to prevent further contagion (apparently this is proving very difficult for some).

Well if people would use common sense which apparently isn't too common. cover your sneezes, cover your coughs, wash your hands, use hand sanitizer, wear masks.  Plane recycled air I would not be going.