Hey_Irish asked in TravelFranceOther - France · 5 months ago

Why do certain people not like the French?

Just because you met some snobs in Paris doesn't mean all of the French are somehow arrogant. I'm Irish, i love France, the people are so kind, even French people I've met in Ireland are very nice, one guy saw me wearing a beret years ago and was so delighted to see me wearing one, he was so nice and in the last year i have met two blonde french girls in Ireland and they were very good looking girls, blonde hair, beautiful bodies...and i have been to Carcassonne twice and Brittany twice, i went to so many beautiful places, had great food, i thought most of the people were nice and i keep a place in my heart for France -- i feel a sense of love when i think about it.

• hihi!
    7 hours ago

Americans can't tolerate superior people. That is why Russians are not understood or well liked; same as with French!!

• 8 hours ago

Cheese burger eating surrendeur blacks

is this like the french equivalent of a weaboo.

france is trash they shouldn't have surrendered.

• ?

Most waiters in France now are East European

Well, sometimes French people may be a little unkind: they often are in a rush and they prefer when people speak their language. Anyway, as you said, there are also other people who are always pleasant and ready to help travellers lost in Paris or in France! It is so silly to judge a People by a single person who just wasn't in the mood, isn't it?!

• Orla C

Yeah, you get snotty wankers everywhere, but I have to say that most French people I've met are very pleasant people.

C'est la vie / That's life .. Some people hate UK, USA, etc... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

the main problem is there are it seems two france ..the parisienne one ..and the suburban one ..i built in france ..i speak very little french ..hard to pick up when your older ..but the people where i was were lovely ..so was the way of life ...every body said hello ..kids played in the streets ..no grafitti ..no theft ..no drunkenness ..for me perfection ..paris is another story ..its a story of a busy city ..a cold one

Moi aussi, j'aime la France.

My late wife and I used to go to France about every third or fourth year. We had our favorite hotel, La Regina Hotel, and our favorite cafe' just across the street from it. We loved the people.

When we were newbies in Paris, we'd check the travel guides often. Sometimes a friendly Parisian would offer to help us find whatever we were looking for. But after several stays at La Regina, we were pretty much able to navigate around les arrondissements pretty easily.

Because CERTAIN people have not had the pleasant experiences you have had.