Have you ever had a teacher call on you even though you didn’t raise your hand?

One time, when I was in elementary school, we were doing a trivial pursuit in class, and the question was, What is the name of Superman’s dog? I’m not a DC superhero fan, so at the time, I didn’t even know Superman had a dog. The teacher called on me to answer the question even though I didn’t raise my hand. My reaction was, Wait, Superman has a dog?

Update:

That was ages ago. I’m talking early 2000s.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

YeS UGH I was not wild about it.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Of course!  Since when did you get the assumption that raising your hand means anything?  If  teachers sought feedback only  from the "keenies", they get a very distorted idea of how effective their performance as a teacher is & how attentive the class is.  They have to draw out the "dingweeds" so they can get a realistic idea of what is being learned & what isn't , or some of those twits would need 5 or 6 times through to get a passing grade.    

• 6 months ago

Yes, that used to happen frequently.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Added: 

And, yes, I was often called on in school, which I have to believe was simply to embarrass me in class. It didn't help that I was a dumba*ss in school either. The worst time was when I was going through puberty and couldn't control my erections. I had just thought of what this girl in class probably looked like naked, and that did it--I got a major stiffy. Then, the teacher called me to go to the chalkboard to write out a math answer. Everyone was wondering why I needed to tie my windbreaker around my waist before getting up. You could still see my stiffy. I stood there facing the chalkboard as long as I could, waiting for Barney the B*ner to go back to sleep. 

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

When I was in elementary school, about 45 years ago, my comic book nerd friend told me Krypto the Superdog was the name of Kal-El's (Clark Kent's) dog on Krypton. He also told me no one, absolutely no one, could defeat Superman. He reminded me often, to which, I reminded him often...that I don't care. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Some did it all the time. I'd have said Superdog 

• 6 months ago

Related to comics, I was known as a big comics fan in school, I did presentations on comics history a couple times, and one time a teacher asked me out of the blue what comic Batman first appeared in. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.