Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 2 months ago

Aside from toilet paper, paper towels, meat and pet food, what else has everyone had a hard time getting from the supermarket?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Just a few days before it happened, I commented about wondering if they'll shut down bulk bins. Now even if I could find most things, I'll have to buy a 1lb bag for $25.

Nuts, spices, croutons, honey, cereal, flours/baking science stuff, etc. I know a hippie store where I can get a 10oz jar of real honey (not the bear shaped bottle of corn syrup for $1.99) for $11. Or a whole box of croutons that will go bad when I just need 7 individuals.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

I understand flour is hard to find in many markets. 

A friend of mine could find no yeast. 

• patty
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

one day

i

wanted bolognaise sauce but did not get any

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Eggs,  Pasta & pasta sauces, wet wipes, hand gel, ibuprofen, frozen & fresh veg, bread, milk, flour,  Well that's when I went out on Saturday.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

When our family went to the grocery store, they were wiped out of Ramen Noodles.  One store had eggs, another didn't.  Bread was a hit and miss, too.

• Cara
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The last time I went to the supermarket, a week ago, there was no chicken, no eggs, no tins of anything, no pasta, no rice, and no lav paper.

• Clive
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Bread, and for some reason, everyone wants all the pasta they can get their hands on.

• Burgoo
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

91 percent rubbing alcohol, hand sanitizer, most lysol products, bleach, cleaners, detergent, soap

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Canned vegetables, which I usually don't buy but feel I should have some on hand.

One day there were no bananas, then when I circled back around there were a lot.

• hamel5
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There's been stuff missing from the shelves, but I've gotten what I actually need. 

Once they were out of chicken, but I got it the next day. Couldn't find bleach on a couple of trips 

This is more of an inconvenience.   The modern system of food distribution has spoiled us and we expect everything to be constantly available. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.