Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 2 months ago

Aside from toilet paper, paper towels, meat and pet food, what else has everyone had a hard time getting from the supermarket?

Just a few days before it happened, I commented about wondering if they'll shut down bulk bins. Now even if I could find most things, I'll have to buy a 1lb bag for $25.

Nuts, spices, croutons, honey, cereal, flours/baking science stuff, etc. I know a hippie store where I can get a 10oz jar of real honey (not the bear shaped bottle of corn syrup for $1.99) for $11. Or a whole box of croutons that will go bad when I just need 7 individuals.

I understand flour is hard to find in many markets. 

A friend of mine could find no yeast. 

• patty

one day

i

wanted bolognaise sauce but did not get any

• denise

Eggs,  Pasta & pasta sauces, wet wipes, hand gel, ibuprofen, frozen & fresh veg, bread, milk, flour,  Well that's when I went out on Saturday.

When our family went to the grocery store, they were wiped out of Ramen Noodles.  One store had eggs, another didn't.  Bread was a hit and miss, too.

• Cara

The last time I went to the supermarket, a week ago, there was no chicken, no eggs, no tins of anything, no pasta, no rice, and no lav paper.

• Clive

Bread, and for some reason, everyone wants all the pasta they can get their hands on.

• Burgoo

91 percent rubbing alcohol, hand sanitizer, most lysol products, bleach, cleaners, detergent, soap

• Sandy

Canned vegetables, which I usually don't buy but feel I should have some on hand.

One day there were no bananas, then when I circled back around there were a lot.

• hamel5

There's been stuff missing from the shelves, but I've gotten what I actually need. 

Once they were out of chicken, but I got it the next day. Couldn't find bleach on a couple of trips 

This is more of an inconvenience.   The modern system of food distribution has spoiled us and we expect everything to be constantly available.