Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 2 months ago

If employee uses remote access to work from home, are they accessing on their home desktop to whatever’s on their office desktop?

... such as the apps on their office desktop’s home screen?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Hi. It all depends on wehat software the company uses because it can be done either way fairly easily for an IT person.

If You've ever watched a scambaiter video You'll see that the scammer is actually able to move the mouse & click items & type into boxes after the victim lets them connect with an ID entered at a specific website.

If Your company doesn't do it that way there's also "Remote desktop" in Windows that lets You do the same thing.

Then there's also retail software available, or just using a virtual machine on a work server that basically is the same computer just from Home.

The odds are that You'll be using the apps & files on the actual work system, while still being on Your actual Home computer ... which means You'll have access to BOTH systems at the same time - with the work computer as a seperate window.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=remot...

G'Luck!!!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Roddy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, They are usung the apps that are on the computer that they are using at home.

The exception is the less common situation of all the company's apps being held on a server and accessed there, wherever the slave computer may be.

Files held exclusively on a workplace computer are not available when working from home, but those on a server will be. Of course, some files may have been taken home on a USB stick to be available on the home machine.

• 2 months ago

It depends on exactly how the remote access is configured for the employee. On some setups, you have access to the network shares/drives whereas with others, they have access to their work computer desktop.

• P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Assuming they are using remote access tools remotely accessing their Office desktop then yes.  It's the quickest\best way to set someone up for remote access, unless they have a work laptop setup already.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

That is one way to do it. I use LOGMEIN to do just that. It run's the apps on my work computer and my screen at home reflects what my work screen's show.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.