Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 weeks ago

Why is the stock market usually higher and stable when a Democrat is in offense and so unstable and lower when a Republican is in office?

We had a recession in the 80's with Reagan, another one with George W. and now with Trump.

Update:

typo office

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

My theory is that tax cuts actually hurt the stock market somehow. I don't know how or why, but it seems to be what happens.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 weeks ago

You just keep on believing that.

• Has there ever been a time that Democrats weren't offended?

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

You are not very smart. Clinton created the black hole of the tech bubble, the doofus Roosevelt created a world war to cover up his malfeasance. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Rick B
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

WOW!!!! Where have you been? The market is down because of the virus. A few weeks ago it was at all time highs and climbing every day. Leave it to a Democrat to not know what is going on in the world.

• 2 weeks ago

I detest 99.9% of Republicans but this particular talking point is extremely lame. Anybody who votes based on the ups and downs of the stockmarket is being played.

• 2 weeks ago

That's some amazing economic analysis. I'm sure you have an appropriate degree from a very prestigious college.

• 2 weeks ago

Because republican trickle down economics doesn’t work.

• Inquizetif
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

Maybe people should earn their own money. Why do people expect to earn from other people's efforts.

• 2 weeks ago

Make America GreatDepression Again! 

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Because republicans just create fragile bubbles instead of a genuinely strong economy. The more people that have disposable income, the genuinely stronger our consumer-based economy becomes. Republicans are ideologically opposed to the masses having disposable income. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.