Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 months ago

It's said you should wash your hair every 2nd day to avoid over-washing it but what if your hair gets greasy after one day?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • L
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Then wash it daily.  Common Sense would tell you this.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Washing your hair too often can over-stimulate the oil glands and THAT'S what makes your hair greasy.

Try leaving it for 3 - 4 days (easier over a weekend, and also now that we're all staying home more), wash it, leave it another 3 - 4 days, wash it, and after the next 3-4 days it should have balanced itself out, and you shouldn't need to do it oftener.

• patty
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

if u use conditioner it should be fine

• patty
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

when

i

was young I washed it once a week but around puberty my hair started getting oily so I had to wash it every day otherwise it looked greasy

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

That rule does not apply to everybody. Each person has different type of hair. If your hair is greasy then you have to wash it more often.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Massage your scalp to let the oils spread, this will give it more volume and produce thicker hair.

• You can try using dry shampoos in between washings. If that doesn't work then shampoo as often as you need to. I shampoo my hair during the week but I leave it unwashed on the weekend, if I'm not going any where. 

• glcang
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Who is it that said that? Unfortunately most people are under the influence of the media and all these companies trying to sell us stuff we don’t need

Actually if you left your hair alone the natural oils and secretions of your skin would make you hair beautiful. Soap destroys the natural balance of your hair. I know people who are clean ,attractive people who wash their hair once a month.

Once you get past the initial stage of letting it go you will see. But we are so grossed out by our own bodies ..it’s pathetic 

• 2 months ago

Do what works for you. I'm like you, and I bathe and wash my hair daily because I like to feel clean.

• 2 months ago

A lot of people wash their hair everyday, so don't worry about over washing it.

Source(s): I used to own a large beauty salon.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Hair is already dead, you can't "over wash" it. The focus when washing hair is the scalp, though, unless you've been rolling around in the mud or something weird like that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.