Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 2 months ago

Should I go get tested for Coronavirus?

I have a dry cough, I only had a headache twice right before bed but idk if it’s because I had my hair up all day, no fever, and I still have my sense of smell and taste. People have mentioned they have no symptoms and are positive though. My two friends who are in medical fields mention I shouldn’t unless I show further symptoms. Idk what to do

They have a drive through center in my town or should I just go speak to my doctor first? Idk how the drive through center actually work though

I know that the media is advising people to not jump to the nearest testing center but just like a lot of people I am scared too. NO NEED TO ANSWER I ALREADY HAVE MY ANSWER. 

• Edna

You won't be tested for coronavirus unless you have the symptoms of coronavirus - which you don't.

Your medical friends may be correct in advising you more symptoms for coronavirus are justified before visiting a testing center. A high temperature and dry cough might be evidence you need to be tested. I am a military veteran, and all veterans are tested before entering the VA hospital in Houston, Texas. My temperature was normal and I passed the questions asked to allow me entrance into the hospital. Purchase an inexpensive thermometer if you do not have one so you can monitor your daily temperature if required. Muscle pain is another symptom for coronavirus infection. A blood test may be required if you are authorized to be tested at a testing facility.

harrald

Coronavirus tests are free (no cost). If you show any signs....any, at all....you should get a coronavirus test. There are people who show no signs that carry the virus and can spread it to others.

Everyone reading too much.. places wont let you get seen if you have a fever and just suspect you have it and send you home

There are not enough tests available to test everyone.  You do not meet the criteria for testing in most places.  Call your local health department to find out  more about testing where you live. 

• Bort

Even the CDC and WHO are saying if you have a normal immune system you don't absolutely have to go to the ER or a doctor. Even if you have it if you have a normal immune system it is not an automatic death sentence. People with normal immune systems recover from it, and they fully recover. The people who are in danger if they become infected with coronavirus are people that already have a condition that weakens their immune system.

Examples of conditions people may have that puts them in danger, people who have these or similar diagnosis' should go to the ER immediately if they have any of the symptoms (cough, fever, runny nose, headache (loss of smell and taste is not a symptom of c-19)):

AIDS, HIV, Diabetes, Hepetitis, Herpes, Cancer, Cirrhosis, weak or non-working Kidney / Kidney issues, ...and that sort of thing.

If you have a normal immune system and no other conditions you'll be fine even if you have it. There's no need to panic thinking you're going to die because you have a cough and the sniffles. Visit youtube and look up coronavirus survivor videos that people have posted them selves to share their experience. They are all saying 'no need to panic if you have a normal immune system, it's like a minor cold'. A lot of people who tested positive didn't even know they had it because TV news and facebook idiots had them believing they were going to mutate or something (grow an extra head) and feel like they were dying. That's not the case.

• kelvin

no you should not............

• Robert

I think it's important to see that you have reached out on Yahoo answers after having real medical professionals tell you exactly what not to do (get tested and waste a test on yourself when someone might actually need it). So since you have decided to ignore advice from people who actually know the answer and have come here to try and get someone to tell you what you wish your medical friends have said, So, OK....You should get tested IMMEDIATELY. Run, don't walk to the emergency room and sit in there with dozens of sick people for hours while you wait to see a doctor. If you get bored, spend the time counting coughs. Please let us know how it all works out. We're all pretending to be concerned.

You can’t just “go and get one.” The healthcare industry has to deem you worthy of one. Oddly enough, most sick people are not worthy of one.