Will.
Lv 4
Will. asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 2 months ago

What is an alternative toilet paper.?

My local Tesco has been out of toilet rolls for my last two trips. I have one spare roll left. After that runs out I will need something. What alternative that breaks down in the pipes do you use or would use ?.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Barry
    Lv 5
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Use kitchen roll and/or newspaper. Place it in a lined bin. Then put it in the normal trash. That's what the Greeks do with ordinary toilet paper as their drain pipes are narrow.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • hart
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Water,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Kitchen roll [the cheaper ones break down better], that's if you can get some!.

Or the cheaper Tissues, [same again, on the availability].

Good Luck!

• 2 months ago

Shower       .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Get a wastebasket that has a lid that raises when you step on the pedal. Line it with a plastic trash bag. Cut an old sheet into 4 inch squares. Use the cut up sheet to wipe yourself, and toss into the trash can. after a few days, you can toss the rags into the wash with hot water and laundry disinfectant.

• 2 months ago

washing in the shower

• elhigh
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There is no alternative. Toilet tissue breaks down in water, virtually every other paper product is designed to retain its strength to some degree when wet. EVERYTHING else you might use can and will contribute to a toilet clog - this INCLUDES WIPES.

Keep shopping. Hit other stores besides Tesco. Settle for the cheap toilet paper.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Newspaper cut into squares which is what our grandparents used.

• 2 months ago

cleansing tissues [a/k/a Kleenex] -- any brand. It's sort of fragile in this use and so difficult to use, but does dissipate in water and so won't clog pipes

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Why do you need to flush. Why not use dispose it in a trash bin and when it’s full, collect it and throw it in the trash. 

• Tommymc
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

That's what we do with dirty diapers, so not as gross at it sounds at first

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.