Max asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

My flat mates not self isolating our household, he keeps bringing his new girlfriend around who’s got several others her house.What do I do?

Favorite Answer

Your roommate and his girlfriend are so incredibly ignorant that they probably wouldn't even comprehend any conversation you have with them. The whole world knows what's going on and how to self isolate to prevent the spread of this disease. It's all over the news and if these two idiots aren't complying with common sense social distancing, then they probably won't listen to anything you say. I can just hear your roommate now... I paid rent this is my house I can do what I want and I can have anyone over I want.

Your concerns are very real and you have every reason to be concerned or even afraid. You need to tell your roommate that he is being irresponsible with his and his girlfriend's actions. Tell him that she is forbidden to come over and if she does come over you are going to ask her to leave. You have no idea who this girl is or where she's been or where her people have been. And the fact that she's not afraid to go to her boyfriend's house with strangers living there is a clear indication that she just doesn't give a crap about your safety or hers. It's so pathetic.

I suppose you could call the police but I'm not quite sure they could help you.

Maybe the thing to do is if he doesn't listen and keep his girlfriend away from your shared home, when she does come over tell her she's not allowed in any room but his bedroom and when she's there make her as uncomfortable as you possibly can so she doesn't want to be there.

• Max2 weeks agoReport

Fantastic answer 

• L

YOU need to sit down, with your flat mates, and have a discussion about this.

Tell him to sanitize everything she touches when she leaves.  Avoid being in the same room with her.

Have the conversation, emphasizing the importance of maintaining social distancing and ask that he and his girlfriend respect the difficulties faced by everyone.

If you are likely getting the virus, you may as well have the fun that goes along with it. Tag team with him... if you know what I mean

just talk to him about it and tell him he cant do that

Give him a warning in writing. If he ignores it, phone the police and ask them to come and explain the situation to him.

Tell your flat mate to stop bringing people over. It's a health hazard. Surely he knows what is going on in the world. 

They can go over to her place.  Not come here.