Why is it so difficult to believe in the Paranormal ?

I didn't know so many people did not believe in the paranormal until I left home. 

The paranormal has been a big part of my normal.  

I am clairvoyant and telepathic. In bootcamp I had a Near death experience,  I died and was revived, but I experienced a depth of serenity and love that no words can describe.Mr. NG I cogitate the cogentcy of my cognizance.  

• 👻
    Favorite Answer

It’s one of those things you can’t fathom until you experience it for yourself.

Before I had such an experience myself, I still had a good idea there is more to the world and life than meets the eye by the many accounts I’ve heard from others.

• Garrett
      4 weeks agoReport

There is no compelling evidence that anyone ever actually experiences it. 

For the very few who have experienced the paranormal, it's not so difficult to believe at all.  

But sorry, I don't believe you're clairvoyant or telepathic.  In order to be either, you have to be able to control those 'cosmic gifts'.  And you can't, or you would have warned everyone about the coronavirus last year.

• rustbucket

In the paranormal you don't get to choose what is paonomalized. 

• Dr. NG

The evidence for the paranormal is just not there.

• Garrett
      1 month agoReport

No, there is no true evidence for it. 

• Gary K

The "paranormal" is a rather broad subject - believing in psychic powers doesn't mean you have to believe in ghosts.  You have to look at all claims individually.  

Much research over many decades has been on a wide range of paranormal claims, but to date there is not sufficient evidence to support any of them, including clairvoyance and telepathy.  

It's easy for people to fool themselves that they have special powers.  But once they get into a scientific setting, where controls like double blinding are applied, which account for effects like confirmation bias, the powers seem to disappear.  Every time. 

There is also no evidence or plausibility that near death experiences are anything beyond normal brain activity. 

Science is the best method ever developed to get the truth of any subject.  It is robust and rigorous.  Why believe in anything that can't get past even the first step?  Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Suspend your belief pending the provision of that extraordinary evidence. 

• Garrett
      1 month agoReport

Where is this abundance of evidence? Silly hoaxes and wild unsupported tales by hysterical morons are not genuine evidence. Hmmm, where is any evidence that Trump is a racist, incompetent BSer? Using the Washington Post as evidence is comically absurd. 

• Given that you claim to have telepathy and clairvoyance I am quite surprised that you had to learn about people's disbelief in the paranormal by normal everyday means. 

• Dr. NG

A blunder?? I don't know what you're talking about. Now believing there to be 6 items in a dozen now that is a blunder

Eric Hoffer wrote a study of mass movements, The True Believer. The doctrine of the mass movement must not be questioned under any circumstances. We see this not only in people who have supernatural beliefs but in people who dismiss the possibility of a supernatural reality. What the True Believer hates most of all is someone saying, "You could be right about that." Expressions of doubt are regarded as damnable heresies. If you want to get a flurry of thumbs-down votes here, suggest that there are two sides to an argument, and controversy with regard to a paranormal claim. True Believers on both sides of the fence will be against you.

There is no believing or not believing in the paranormal.  Even the most cynical of skeptics will admit there are phenomena which have no rational explanation.  Many thing which were in the realm of paranormal have become part of the "normal" because of scientific investigation.  I believe science will never explain the depth and breadth of the human experience.  But I could be wrong.

• Garrett
      1 month agoReport

EG has only bad reasoning copied from various frauds. We found the true nature of electricity, but no one has ever found a speck of genuine evidence for anything paranormal. 

• Mr. P

Basically it is illogical and depends on your life experience. If you have not had that experience then it is difficult to comprehend - like elephants.

Lots of people have seen elephants. They tell me they have anyway but I have never seen one myself. I have seen photo's and even videos of elephants - but I have also seen photo's of ghosts too, but we know these are easy to fake.

Only if you have seen an elephant yourself would you believe in them. Otherwise you would have to take someone else's word that they exist.

• Garrett
      1 month agoReport

The san Francisco Zoo has elephants. So do other zoos all over the country. None have ghosts however. 

• martin

A survey estimated that 85% of the world believe in some form of religion, which could be classified as paranormal phenomena due to the miracles and other spiritual beliefs.

• Garrett
      1 month agoReport

I have travelled in Europe but never wanted to go to England. I could take Kate Beckinsale to the USA. 

• KaleyK

Let's see ... what is paranormal .....  paranormal  events are purported phenomena described in popular culture, folk, and other non-scientific bodies of knowledge, whose existence within these contexts is described as beyond normal experience or scientific explanation.

Proposals regarding the paranormal are different from scientific hypotheses or speculations extrapolated from scientific evidence because scientific ideas are grounded in empirical observations and experimental data gained through the scientific method. In contrast, those who argue for the existence of the paranormal explicitly do not base their arguments on empirical evidence but rather on ANECDOTE, TESTIMONY, AND SUSPICION.

And that's why it is so difficult to believe in the paranormal.