Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 2 months ago

How do I handle my 15 year old daughter?

I guess things are weird for her. She is in the 9th grade and wears both braces and glasses. Ever since she got glasses she says things like ”I'm ugly” or that ”no one likes a girl with blue eyes, brown hair, small nose, oval-shaped face, clear skin, and 4 eyed brace face.” She has clear skin but I'm making her wear glasses anyway because they are safer than contacts. She also is self-conscious about smiling in her photos with her braces. I offered to take her in for a spray tan, get fake eyelashes, get her eyebrows done, and to let her try protein shakes to maybe lose a few pounds but she seems resistant about the fake eyelashes but I told her that she needs them and that guys like beautiful lashes.

Favorite Answer

Sounds like a troll question, but you don't offer her to tan if she's insecure about being pale, SMH! You're supposed to say she's already beautiful in her natural state. You're supposed to convince her she's already beautiful.

My girlfriend is pale as a ghost to and wanted to tan, but I convinced her to stop cuz I said she's already gorgeous naturally and doesn't need to change herself. She now loves herself more and never wants to tan and ignores the jealous bullies.

As for the braces and glasses, those are only temporary. Not that big of a deal.

• Mystic
      1 month agoReport

Seriously - MASSIVE KUDOS! I'm so happy you were able to convince your girlfriend to love herself for who she is. The advice given to the asker was spot-on as well. This absolutely sounds like a troll.

why are you trying to get your fifteen year old daughter to wear fake eyelashes and a spray tan???? and girls should not be consuming protein powder at the age of fifteen. You seem like an awful parent considering your daughter is so low self esteem, maybe its because of your parenting skills and trying to give her things to make her look "better". you are awful. 

• Carol

She sounds potentially very pretty but at 15 will need time to get over herself.

just tell your daughter she is blessed with colorful beautiful eyes, brown hair, fair skin and there are so many people out there does not have all this. so she should be thankful. and get her the stylish glasses which makes her look good and she will feel good. 

Show her the movie "Comet" with Emmy Rossum.  Sad movie, but she's beautiful in that and has big glasses, brown hair, small nose, oval face, and great skin.

Or, have her study Marketing.  The most powerful way to build attraction/desire for a product (or a person) is quality. BUT, the second most powerful way to build desire is to Believe It Yourself. In other words, the silent attitude of "Hi, my name is ___ and I have glasses/braces so you probably won't like me," only sets her up for failure.  The attitude of, "Hi, I'm ____--nice to meet you!" is so much better.

The good news is, she will outgrow her braces.  And when she's older can maybe shift to one-a-day contacts.  They are quite safe as long as you always wash your hands, keep them away from water, and avoid sleeping in 'em. 

Best of luck!

tell her that if shes gonna have guys like her then she must always have smooth hairless legs, never leave the house with no makeup, and go on a strict diet so she has a nice slim figure

Contacts are completely safe.

Some are good at raising children, some dont. Well you can't be good at everything.

Idiot  -  or troll?

Often hard to tell the difference.

stupid 'parent' troll

this is a repeat question from a troll I would say or someone with a low IQ