lexi asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Do you think schools and businesses should just go ahead and open back since no one is listening to quarantine and social distancing anyway ?

Ever since we had this “lockdown” people still go on with their daily lives and travel and hang out as if nothing is happening and plus the disease is still rapidly spreading despite the shut down efforts. I genuinely believe it’s just a waste of time and economic damage that’s only going to be longer since no one is listening so we may as well just go back to our normal lives

I am not sure but I presume you are in the UK from your question. The people who ignore the advice now are the ones who will be dying in a few weeks. 

The more contact we have, the worse it will get and the more economic damage will be done in the long run. It is better to contain it now than have the country ruined with nobody able to work six months from now. 

no no no that’ll only make it worse. 

Where are you? This is so irresponsible! Don't you realise this disease is serious. Younger people are dying too whatever they say. Do your bit and stay indoors and encourage others to do so also. I can't believe this post.

To be honest I don’t think most leaders or even doctors understand enough about this to predict what will and won’t happen. What’s clear is we clearly didn’t have a plan for this which is scary.

The Prime Ministers and Presidents will decide for that, but as far as i know, quarantine is not something that will be over just like that.

I don't know where you live, but most people are taking this seriously and following the government's advice.

• D2 months agoReport

Share this message with them.

https://www.facebook.com/selahmusic/videos/1140111962998841/

• Zirp

questions about the answerer are not allowed on Y!A

No, we need to flattenthecurve

Most of us will get the virus, but we should spread it out so we won't lose essential services by having it all at the same time

We need to get back to business fairly soon imo. 

So, if somebody has swallowed a half teaspoon of poison, he should drink a gallon?

Definitely not true where I live.