Not complaining, but how are game shows still allowed to go on?

Update:

Especially shows like jeopardy and wheel of fortune. Most gameshows have big audiences. Sure most of them are recorded ahead of time, but even SNL had a couple of new episodes while this pandemic is going on. I'm especially surprised with jeopardy. 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Kyle
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

a lot of them might be reruns.  i doubt any are live or new episodes 

• Phantom Feitan
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Makes sense, but I'm sure jeopardy and wheel of fortune are still putting out new episodes 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

they are not up to date they are from a few years ago

all singing programs like the voice are taped and are not airing as this virus is going on now .......they would risked being sued if it was going on now , as we know it only real time is the news

at some point everything will go off line and only the news will be on

no youtube no facebook nothing only news they have the power to pull all networks at any time , facebook could be pulled at any min

it is only media and not important at all , but being this it is a key player at keeping in touch so it will be part of history 

• 2 months ago

repeat or reruns

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune are still taping but without any studio audience members.

But game shows like The Price is Right and Let's Make a Deal, which rely on studio audience members to be contestants, are postponed.  The shows you see on TV today were taped a couple of months ago or so.

• Phantom Feitan
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Darn, this is the real best answer. Now I kinda wonder if they use recorded audience cheers 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Most TV isn't live dumb dumb

• 2 months ago

Many of them were recorded weeks or even a couple of months ago.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

THey don't have studio audiences any more.

• 2 months ago

Everyone wants a chance to WIN A NEW CAR!

• 2 months ago

You're talking about TV, right? They go on, and on, and on, because they are mesmerizing. They entertain the simple minded folks who are stuck at home for endless hours with nothing to stimulate their brains. With game shows, you don't have to invent a lot of exotic backdrops and put words into the mouths of actors portraying zombies, avatars or cops and robbers. Game shows allow the viewer to mentally put themselves in the game and challenge themselves to guess the right answer, win the big prize, even if they don't actually get to receive it. It's simple fun.

• Phantom Feitan
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

I'm asking how they are still running even with the COVID-19 pandemic. We're not supposed to be gathering in large groups. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.