leeceve asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 2 months ago

Why is my Amazon Prime order scheduled to arrive in a month?

I ordered some things on amazon today, and I have prime so I expected it to be the 2-4 day free shipping, which is what I selected when ordering it. However, when I go in my account it says arriving on April 25. Why will it take this long when I chose prime shipping? 

Everything I ordered is in stock, and they're not high demand items. I just ordered a hamster ball and hamster chews.

• Judy

Is what you ordered in stock? If not, they have to wait for it to come in. Also, there is a tremendous strain on shipping these days, so prime doesn't work like it normally does, but shouldn't be a month.

• Robert

Read a paper in the past month?

It may be something that is in demand and is out of stock.  Two day shipping only refers to how fast it gets to you, once it's in the mail, UPS or FedEx system.

• Dr. D

Amazon is placing orders on a priority basis because of the current COVID-19 crisis. Medical supplies are given a higher priority. Please note that Amazon will initially tell you to expect your order in a month, however, in the vast majority of cases they still come within a week. 

Not all products on Amazon are eligible for Prime shipping. Most such products come from Amazon "partners" who ship independently.

They are delaying non essential orders. Others need important things. Your order is not as important. Plus they are hiring and training as I type.  I never paid for prime but have not ordered since before x-mas. My order would probably be delayed an extra week or two longer than yours because I would not be buying essential stuff either.

Probably because people are hoarding. There's a lot of panic buying going on, so people are stocking up on stuff when they really don't need to.

Most likely the item is out of stock or coming from overseas.

There are no delivery speed guarantees with a Prime membership.   None.  There never have been.  And there certainly aren't now during a pandemic.

You may be able to cancel your order if it hasn't yet shipped.