Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

How does it feel to be in isolation? ?

I ask because I'm 34 and have been a hermit for most of my life, no friends, no job etc. Now everyone is doing it with me. How are you feeling trapped in the house bored? Thanks 

Favorite Answer

Normally being in isolation doesn't bother me. I am self employed, and I don't have friends. I can work from wherever I want, and that includes where I live.

FYI.....I am not bored.

making the most of our situation. Though dire circumstances confined us to our homes, we could make lemonade out of these bitter lemons. And fresh baked bread, too. So many are living in fear. Yet as life as we knew it began to shut down, we marveled at having time for the simple things. I’ve heard so many people talk about the simple joy found in taking a (properly distanced) walk outside every day.

• Alan H

Sounds parasitical to me.

Quite scary if I'm honest. I can't wait till it's over, hopefully.

It's great. I'm an introvert and don't go out anyways except college and boxing gym at night. Now I'm studying online home which I prefer since I don't like being around people and I'm working out around my apartment since I have weights and a punching bag. So for introverts like me, the isolation is heaven since I don't have to get out of the house. Also I have enough food and toilet paper for 2 months since I knew this going to happen long time ago and prepared myself.

bit bored , not really just doing everything I should've done ages ago for eg. painting walls , fixing shelves and doing work that kind of thing

I lost all my jobs for the next three months, and here i am at home. I have been walking my landlord's dog for two hours a day, working out in the gardens. Oh and some days i drink too much beer!

I don't mind being alone at all. Not with social media making it so easy to chat with my mates. How can anyone be bored? I books to read, films to watch, projects and tidying to do.

• Linda

Yes. I'm bored stiff but we live on a third of an acre in the beautiful ozarks and we have a lot of pine trees in our back yard. We try to stay busy to keep our mind preoccupied and I have plenty to do. 

Awww man ☹️ you'll feel less alone for a few weeks until lockdown is finished. Me and my wife are literally going mental lol I cannot stand being housebound. Maybe this is the time for you to come out of hermit life with everyone else?? New start this time.